View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Moderator Kitteh
Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

Originally Posted by SMoKEY_82 View Post
This doesnt make sense to me, the reason being this is a hookah forum for the hookah community, not a business right ? The way this is being conducted is as if Hookah Pro is a competing business with HJ. HJ is in it as a business this is clear as anything but if HP is just a hookah forum for the hookah community then I think there needs to be a bit of chilling regarding some rules and regulations about mentioning any HJ products or deals etc. At the end of the day isnt that what this forum is about discussing hookah related products the best deals and customer service etc.

Im not saying this for HJ (the reasons for the banning of his personnel membership etc are between him and you guys) it applies to all vendors, because at the end of the day cencoring like this 1. effects their business plays with their livelihood and 2. gives a biased opinion for US the members and especially future members. If a vendor truly has the best product, service or price and it is in the best interest of current and future HP member's then I think it should be discussed and promoted whether or not that vendor is banned. Because the best interest of the community/membership should be what comes first. Just doesnt seem like the right thing to do for a forum, like I said earlier its a FORUM not a competing business. My 2 cents.

1. He should have thought about that before he continued usurping the staff and breaking the rules. If he was so concerned about his well being, his business and his family, then he would have stopped when SamB warned him he was going to lose his account. That's not our fault. It's his. As for any other vendor-The other vendors know that if they want to keep their vendor accounts and protect their livelihood, they need to follow the rules. It's not a huge problem for everyone else.

We have a rules in place for a reason. It's not like they are super strenuous. They have been in place for years and have worked pretty well. (We do have new rules coming and revisions to older ones in the near future though) But we are laid back, he just took advantage of that, and thought he could get away with whatever. He was wrong.

2. We have had banned vendors in the past. He is not the first and most likely (unfortunately) will not be the last. We are still working on the product issues, and rules for mentioning them since we have seen that other companies could be affected by this "ban" as well. (so just bare with us on this)

We will not allow discussion of him period. Why would we allow someone who tried to drag us and our name through the mud, spread malicious lies about us, and has disrespected the community as a whole, be advertise here? Why should we give him more money and reinforce a "negative" behavior by allowing people to post his deals? The answer is no. If you want to buy from him, by all means do so. If anyone wants to buy from him, by all means do so. Check his website for deals, read his news letters. The deals don't have to be posted here for you to take advantage of them.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"