View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Received my KM -not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigisageek View Post
Thanks for the reply - I have changed the rubber seal with the one on my old hookah. However, it still will not fit in the base - though it will fit in the base of my old hookah.
This just means you need to sand down the grommet to fit the smaller opening of the vase. As it has been said, with "hand made" vases the openings are always a little different.

***DO NOT SAND ANYTHING UNTIL YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU ARE KEEPING THE HOOKAH!!!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigisageek View Post
I just filled it with some water to test the draw, etc. When I am purging I can still hear air escaping from where the ball bearing is - is this normal? (Sorry for the noob question this is my first single hose hookah)
When you leak test the hookah using **WATER ONLY*** cover the top hole where the bowl would go with your finger, then blow. There should only be air coming out of the purge valve. If no air comes out of the purge and/or comes out of someplace else you have a problem.

Next, still covering only the top hole where the bowl would go, suck in like you were taking a puff. You should not be able to inhale and there should be no hissing noises. This means the Hookah is sealing properly.

Now with my hookahs there is always a tiny bit of leakage when I inhale but I am not too worried since they smoke fine.

***DO NOT SMOKE OUT OF THE HOOKAH UNTIL YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU ARE KEEPING THE HOOKAH!!!!***

Sorry for the bright and bold text but if you do either of those things you will not be able to return the hookah if you are unhappy.
36" Solid Al Fakher, Blue Razan
29" KM Trimetal, KM "Red Lion" Gilded Base, Crown Jewel Bowl, Red v3 Narbish, CH "Solar Flare" Tip