View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hookah Enthusiast
Default Re: Why to NOT buy a Chinese Knockoff Hookah.

Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
1. Most are made with ALUMINUM downstems/cores.
(This metal is NOT stainless, and will NOT hold up well to heat at all. It is cheap to buy, cheap to use, easy to sell off to new Hookah smokers)
Aluminum is not as cheap as you may think, even towards the lower grades it is more expensive then brass.
Aluminum hold up to low heat exceptionally well. (Unless it is excessively welded at high amperages, but coals never exceed the heat range to fry it. Therefore it's heat temperments are not applicable to hookah smoking.)
Also it is the most resistant to heavy corrosion.

Originally Posted by hookahking
I own about 3 Chinese hookah's out of my collection and i can not complain about any of them. I agree they are not that durable and may rust after a week but if you take care of them then you will never have a rust problem. A course i believe in quality of hookah's so i wouldn't but another Chinese hookah.
Its doesn't rust because aluminum corrodes, you will notice a white like power look to the metal. Thats corrosion, its like non-ferrous metal's version of rust.

Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Huh, i would say chrome plated brass that doesn't rust no matter what is pretty high quality.
Chromes plating won't rust, but once that breaks down vertigres starts to form underneath and then beings to corrode the brass.

Last edited by FURsAKeN; March 7th, 2008 at 06:22 AM.