View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Pissed! Artist Base is Cracked!

Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
welcome to "quality" egyptian glass, there are a lot of threads about how bad some of it is, including one i started with explinations of what they did wrong to make the glass have the issue.

even half assed quality glass should not crack from 100*f temp change at that low of a temp, if you can hold it in your hand then it shouldnt be enough of a change unless there was unrelieved stress in it, i.e. idiots making it
Mmhmm! Seriously, when you consider the temperatures that glass is worked at, even 150 degrees isn't going to be enough to crack a well annealed and blown glass vase. But given the quantities that these products are made in to meet the demand, the quality plummets and what you're left with is this. Glass doesn't anneal properly or any one of the other plethora of problems that come with the mass production of this scale and you're left with a cracked base. My condolences and I hope your next base isn't as defective.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)