View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: Forum Announcement: Regarding **********

You called?

Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Maybe the mods could look into a more severe list of secondary bans for vendors. So instead of getting pardons they get the normal bans, 1st offense 4 day ban, 2nd 10 day and 3rd permanent. But instead of permanent bans you have a 6 month ban or a year or something, followed by a probationary period. This is just an idea i'm throwing out there and this is more concrete than what happened in this case. Instead of fooling around with the pardons and such you have a concrete system to follow and this would reduce people's freaking out and give vendors a second chance to change their tune.
I second this. It's counterintuitive to tell a person who donates to the site that they're being disciplined but I think this is the best idea for future occurrences. Post it in that thread that has the mentions of bans too, perhaps. In any event it seems that John wasn't banned for his infractions because he's a long time member and contributor (not only in monetary donations.)

To be clear: If someone else broke all those rules they would almost certainly have been banned long ago. I don't mind giving people leeway but at the same time you really can't have anyone above the rules.

There's a lot of heat in this thread but I know one thing for sure and that's the fact the mods had a heavy heart banning John. So please, stop with all the accusations of corruption (lol in an internet forum, who cares really.) Anyway, it's just silly of someone to think they can sit in judgment imo, but especially if they don't use any facts while doing so.

Whoever made that post that said the mods are e-bullies really made me facepalm. I have never been to a forum where the mods could hold a candle to ours. Maybe one mod in a bunch on other forums, but the team here is quite exceptional. If you think otherwise I could probably teach you a few life lessons in the span of seconds but it would be a waste of my time talking to you to be honest.