View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Hookah Aficionado
Default Re: in the market for a new bowl

I have a phunnel that I use occasionally. Usually I'll use it if I'm smoking a very runny shisha as the design of the phunnel keeps the liquid in the solid mixture and allows it to simmer better, producing longer sessions and heavier smoke/flavor. I still prefer to use the standard bowl that came with my Mya or the Egyptian that I have with my 22". The overall smoke seems better to me. Others might have different opinions/experiences, though. I also have a three-way partitioned bowl that seemed like a good idea but in application I was a bit disappointed. The smaller partitions really build up heat quickly in the bowl and you have to be careful to not burn the shisha. Moving the coals about twice as often as you would for a standard or phunnel bowl. My favorite, by far, is the standard bowl that came with my Mya. I like the depth to it and it's diameter seats coals very well on top so that I get excellent coverage and heat distribution throughout the whole bowl. Hope you find this informational or at least entertaining. LOL Smoke happy.