View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: Alienation and Smoking

Originally Posted by Pineal View Post
Most of this stuff is flying over my head but from what I understand I agree with most of it. The one thing that annoys me is the anarchist comment in your first post Hajo. While there are a lot of people who claim to be anarchists and act like that there are also some people who believe in peaceful anarchism. I hope you don't think all anarchists are just young kids who want to smash things and light Starbucks on fire. I am not ashamed to be a part of my generation because even though there are a lot of people who only care about pop icons, there are also a few of us that can and do actually think. I go out at lunch for a cig break every day and if there is someone outside I enjoy getting them to think beyond American Idol and 2Pac. A lot of them really are smart, but you have to ask them questions that force them to think.
I see what you are saying. Actually I was at a time sympathetic to anarchism and I still find good things to say about Volin, Arshinov, Makhno and Bakunin's federalism. I am not opposed to politcal violence per say nor even anarchists that practice it in certain circumstances. Personally I agree with much of what the Syndicalist Sorel had to say on the topic. What I don't like are roughly 90% of what passes for anarchism in my life time. Especially the infoshop kids and the hygiene impared crust core and antifa types that love to fight when they out number the opposition 5 to 1.