View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Stigma? History?....I'm not getting it.

I am try to "inform" and "educate" people about the hookah. Nothing gets me more heated then somebody suggesting to me about what else I should put in my hookah besides shisha. It really pisses me off to listen to them tell me what I should do with my hookah, or when they assume that I automatically put something illegal in it. SOOO I make it my best effort to educate them, even when I feel like kicking them in the head for their stupidity! People are just uneducated when it comes to hookah smoking as well as closed minded. I have gotten a quite a few people to try out the hookah though and they have always been impressed and enjoy the traditional use of it .. the flavors, smells, and socialization.

Basically skyemists, you just have to educate people ... I am always offering an explanation every time I have my hookah. It gets OLD, but I do it anyway ... because I do care what people think about my enjoyable hobby, and their uninformed outlook on me because of my enjoyment for hookah (deep down it bothers me that anybody would assume I am doing something wrong, because I am very anti-drug actually)

Don't let it get you down, and even when you would rather not argue with someone over it ... go ahead and argue with them over it anyhow, and educated them on what it is!!!
__________________ - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon .. powered by Elites!