View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: The not so good side to narghile smoking, part 1

Originally Posted by merkaba
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
Originally Posted by merkaba
the cop gave some good advice, people are crazy and will misconstrue stuff just because they have issues.
I don't get it. When someone acts like a lunatic they, not the people torment, deserve to suffer the consequences of their actions. I fail to see why I should not express myself simply because an ignoramus might lose his self control when sees me. No one has a right to not be offended. Instead the only real freedom anyone has is to develop the ability to think and act critically. If the willfully mis-educated actively abdicate that right I will give them contempt or worse if need be. To do other wise is to surrender that which makes the pain of living something more then tedium
sorry, but me and the cop are being realists. By wearing a shirt, you got attacked and the guy ran away. Worst thing is the guy probably wont end up getting caught.

I'm not saying I hate or want no one to be able to express themselves, but I also know that 90% of the people I talk to about hookahs want me to put something un-hookafied in the hookah. If you know people are genuinely that misinformed on a large scale, don't be surprised when people do outlandishly stupid things to you. Its not right, but thats how things tend to be sometimes.
You call it realism but I think a better term is surrender. By letting the willfully ignorant determine what one wears or says out of fear relegates one to slavery. While being attacked is bad the threat of serious injury worse the threat of subservience is far worse. When realism means submission the only realistic option is defiance.