View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:13 AM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via MSN to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx Send a message via Skype™ to xH00K4HxSN1P3Rx
Default Re: I wanna start.... but where at? *PICS*

Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
Cheapo chinese rigs. AVOID!

Honestly, it looks like an average Egyptian pipe, with cleaning and new grommets it will likely smoke better than any cheapo rig. Might even serve you pretty well with a little TLC.

If you like cigars you might do well to look into some traditional tobacco too.

If this pipe were mine, I'd do the following:

Get a stem and bottle brush from any of our sponsoring vendors.

Clean the inside of the stem and bottle out really good.

Clean the outside of the downstem with a scotchbrite pad to get the corrosion off.

Knock the dust off the rest of it.

X-acto knife might be able to take the grommet off the top. It might be fine leaving it on there, provided it doesn't accumulate grossness.

Order a grand caravan hose and a classic Egyptian bowl, some coconara coals and some good tobacco (Nakhla!).

Fire that smokewagon up and see how she does.

I would have to disagree with you on the "cheapo chinese rigs" my friend. I own a couple KM's, a Mya QT, and an SS Rave. As well as a few different rigs from DCH and they all smoke about the same if you know what you're doing. I actually just ordered a 20in black med. hookah from them. The stem is completely stainless steel, it's a traditional chamber not a common, the base is a thick heavy glass, the bowl is a perfectly fine med. egyptian and a mya hose.. The purge valve is amazing and the draw is so easy you forget it's not a 200 dollar pipe.

Name brand isn't everything man. Unless you're talking shisha or coals. If the pipe is made good, but has a cheap price, doesn't mean you bhace to knock the pipe.