View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via Skype™ to ShishaSteve
Default Got in trouble at work because I smoke hookah!!!

So I got in a not so pleasant voice mail from my boss today ordering me to remove all pictures of myself with a hookah from my facebook account. He said it looks like something illegal. and he didn't want me to have a bad image and give people the wrong idea. Granted I work in politics and I am managing a state senate campaign, so I can understand how image is really important in my line of work, but I'm not the senator running for re-election.

I hate the negative stigma that is too often associated with smoking hookah. Besides, I would love to be able to keep my work life and my personal life separate! I don't think having a picture of me smoking a hookah, enjoying myself is a bad thing! And really, who is going to be looking at my facebook page and basing their vote off of a picture of myself smoking a hookah. I'm only 18 and considering most voters are 35+ 99% of them aren't even going to see my picture.

I do have to say though, that I really like my boss and he's generally a really good guy and I've never had a problem with him before, but this one just irritates me.
swaggin with my hookah

Last edited by KoRnKitten; May 16th, 2010 at 03:14 AM.