Thread: 1001 Nights.
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via ICQ to Cadrian
Default Re: 1001 Nights.

Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
It matters to me. It matters that otherwise educated people continue to use incorrect pseudoisms instead of authentic nomenclature. It matters that most of the world views Americans as boorish and ignorant, and we choose to perpetuate that image by using blatantly incorrect terms pertaining to ancient and noble culture that we are all trying to embrace. Finally it matters that as international community we strive to not only set an example for our uneducated brethren by using the correct terminology, but also that we pay heed to members in other nations that may be confused by our utter failure to call things by their proper name.

Call me pretentious if you wish, but it bothers me that people continue to embrace a false westernized lexicon of our hobby, which we all love and respect. You can continue to appear clueless, but why would you want to?

I like the word Shisha Better.... Kinda funner to say. My last name was butchered when my family came to America, doesn't surprise me a word like this is.

As for this
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
to ancient and noble culture that we are all trying to embrace
Am not trying to embrace any culture.... Am just enjoying a different way to use Tobacco.

I think I might make a thread based around your whole last post.