View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2010, 07:18 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: How do you pack starbuzz in a egyptian bowl?

Originally Posted by sin2001 View Post
I have found that in the egyptian bowl I will pack it in with a little bit of a pack and then layer with 2 sheets foil and 2 coals, when punching holes I go very deep to allow airflow it has worked great with me.

I want to know what starbuzz is not to wet because for me its soaked.
Making the holes with the foil, can make your punctures to big, that leads to harder heat management.

Remember, you need oxygen + fire for things to burn. Making to many holes or to big holes will allow easier access for oxygen to go in. Smaller holes, means its harder for oxygen to pass through unless your pulling.

Originally Posted by omar1 View Post
How do you pack starbuzz in a egyptian bowl?

that is the question i ask.

I use al fakher with my two egyptian bowls and find the cut is smaller and easier to fill up the bowl while having good air flow. cause the starbuzz is thicker and longer it seems to have limite air flow,

Im making shisha the same i would with al fakher, and its not working.

I use mera quick lights. they are good coals i have smoked shisha with them for years and they do the job with al fakher. not like ur average quick lights these are actually high quality. Ive had no luck with using quick lights on starbuzz.. i find it gets very harsh in the egyptian bowl... so i was thinking of just using a vortex bowl, but i dont see how that will work cause the starbuzz isnt as wet as al fakher..

For the limited air flow, like the above quote, make air channels. Simply take your poker, and stick it through the tobacco to an opening, after you get thru move it in circles so you can make a channel for the air. I suggest making 2-3 channels. Then place the foil and chose

My experience with starbuzz varies with flavors and how juicy/wet the tobacco is. Obviously, the dryer the easier it is to get burn. Also in my experience, 40mm 3K QL always burn. They are just to big for the bowl, atleast for mine. Remember you want to smoulder the shisha not burn it.

Last edited by Geolas; June 1st, 2010 at 07:25 AM.