View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Question for some vintage muassel - packages, memories...

Iam looking for authentic muassel packages. Never found even photo of some old Nakhla DA box! On their pages they write about history of their company from 1913, since classic muassel like zaghloul was made, but about flavored shisha they only suggested that: in middle eighties some companies made fruity molasses which become popular... etc. So i think that first apple, grape or strawberry shisha was not made by Nakhla... and i really want to see some authentic box of 1989 made DA or so!

Anybode have this? I know that fruity shisha is not good for long-time storage, bus lots of peoples are collecting cigar boxes, drink cans, so i expect that somebody have some old boxes from shisha manufacturers.

And what about your memories? Its not so ancient history, and I think that lot of us must remember beginning of flavoured shisha smoking. Its funny if I remember that about 1998 year we smoke this "old-traditional-look-so-cool-arab shisha" which history was in fact only about ten years I remember there was lot of flavours even in this time, including chocomint...

I know that peoples who like really traditional tobacco must smile about this tread, but Iam very interested. Think some flavors must be more natural than others, cause its must be cheaper in beginning of manufacturing to use natural flavors, and there is sure lot of apples, grapes, melons and aniseed in arabian countries... logically, not so much wood berries or cherries

So, please, every info is welcome (and some photos or scans will make me amazingly happy).