View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Deleted Per User Request
Default My newest project...

For me one of the biggest problems I face with hookah cleanliness is my base. My base often smells horrible, and being oddly shaped its very hard to clean, and its clear... So it looks nasty. So after some research I came up with an idea, and after some extensive testing, I believe that it is safe and helpful, so its time to let the cat out of the bag.

I added about 2 tablespoons give or take, of baking soda to my base water, and mixed it till it dissolved. This helps absorb most of the bad smells that tend to sit and brew in the base water, keeping it fresh, even after sitting for a few days. Also the bubbling from smoking the hookah gives a nice cleaning action to the side walls.

My first hurdle was making sure it was safe, and since it is edible and used in quite a few dishes, and used for cleaning, it is safe to consume. And since it is dissolved and in the base water you literally wont intake much of it if any. Once I decided it was safe, I had to make sure it wouldn't affect the flavor of the hookah. And after several blind tests with Anthony, my mom, and my dad, I came to the conclusion that it in fact does not affect the flavor at all.

So give it a shot, and let me know what you think. A video will be up tonight!