View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via MSN to lizzyrdd Send a message via Skype™ to lizzyrdd
Default Re: Coals carrier ideas?

If you're going a really short distance, a plate or cup will be fine (as long as it's ceramic or glass and won't be burned through). I don't know if it really makes too much of a difference, but I always worry about the carrier cooling off my coals. So, to keep that from happening, I take a coffee cup and put about a centimeter of water in the bottom, then I put one of those wire kitchen sink drainers over the top lip of the cup so that the coals will be suspended. The wires heat up really quick so I don't worry about cooling, there's air flow, and when I need to knock some ash off my coals, I can put it into the wire drainer and shake it a little and when the ashes fall, they drop into the water -- just in case a chunk of the hot coal breaks off. Plus, if you set your coals to the side while changing bowls, you don't have to worry about the heat going through whatever's holding them and burning the counter or table top.

Just get one of those dollar wire kitchen sink drainers at wal-mart and put it over a coffee cup.
If you like it, Smoke it!

Last edited by lizzyrdd; June 19th, 2010 at 03:15 PM.