View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Myth or fact about rinsing shisha before smoking it

Originally Posted by chopsuix View Post
So I went to a house party once and heard there was going to be a hookah. Just in case I brought about 25g of AF lemon mint because in my area of Hookah smokers they only smoke Nakhla double apple. The host starts to set up the hookah; keeps the old stale water in their from god knows how many sessions. And begins to prep the bowl. She takes a small amount of shisha in the palm of her hand and wets the opposite hands. She then transfers the shisha into the newly wet hand and squeezes her hand until molasses comes out and rinses her free hand. She does this transfer about 5 times and then easily sprinkles it into her bowl. I asked her about it and she said the indian guy at the hookah store told her to pack it that way to reduce headaches. Headaches were caused by the molasses.

What do you people think? Is this true? Do some people rinse the shisha before using it?

no the indian guy was full of it. the tobacco is washed, or not, before it is made into shisha but once its made all thats gonna do is wash out the flavor. the girl with the hookah was prob some *edited* seeing as she kept the dirty old water. i woulda stayed the hell away from that hookah.

Last edited by KoRnKitten; June 25th, 2010 at 04:16 AM. Reason: nht reference