View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Herbal mu'essel blends

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I labeled the site degenerate for the simple reason that they clearly cater towards people smoking illegal material and in my experience such people are degenerate . While it is true that the site sells legal stuff the same can be said of every “head shop” around.
The point is that while it might make you feel superior to make a sweeping generalization like that, you're drastically oversimplifying. Even if it was a site just for potheads, what makes you think that your experience is authoritative enough to make such a broad judgment? I know a lot of "degenerate" drinkers, but why would I conclude that all people who enjoy getting drunk are degenerates? The fact that people are thinking this way in a place like this kinda surprises me. We shouldn't discourage the association of hookah with illegal drugs to elevate our social class -- we should discourage it simply because we want to enjoy our legal hobby without it being misconstrued as something illegal. There's no need to put anybody down, especially when you don't really know who you're talking about... If you don't intend to offend anyone, why not just cut out the unnecessary prejudice?

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
In any case, I would like to hear what you have to say about herbal smoking blends and where to buy them and why. Personally, I have never gotten a buzz from shisha and that is not a reason for me to smoke.

In any case, it seems that the herbal smoking mixtures I’ve seen on line are very expensive and I’m not sure how they taste so I’d like to learn about that. Are any of these mixtures suited to use with narghiles?
I wouldn't use any of the mixtures, unless they say exactly what herbs are in them. But even then, they tend to be more expensive. I was talking about the bulk herbs that usually sell for around $2.50-5.00 per ounce. If you wanna mess with herbs, try researching some of those to mix with your shisha.