View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:19 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: buying first set up, questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
ok so im going to buy my first hookah soon, i have some questions and some assumptions that i want to verify. im probably going to order form hookah-shisha.com

im looking at getting

-Lunar 2 hose hookah-
-2 nammor hoses (the cobra hoses have a lot of complaints of rusting/corroding inside)
-heba diffuser
-a few extra bowls to play around and see what works out well for me
-general little pieces here and there (port plugs, hose caps, etc etc)
-exotica charcoal (it comes with 2 rolls of easy light and 2 packs of romans shisha)
-few packs on tangiers

i think the set up should be pretty good (ive used single hose versions of it, or they might have been the big brother but i dont think there will be much performance difference since the stem is just taller).

now i want to know, do the hoses have check valves or does it have a relief valve or are the hoses just straight open?

are there any little things that are not normally included that i need to think about getting or what not.

thanks
-matt
-Lunar 2 hose hookah- DONT EVER BUY A 2 HOSE ROTATOR!!!! EVER! Think about it.... it rotates.. it's meant to have only 1 hose. A 2 hose non-rotator can handle 360 degrees of hose passing (180 degrees each hose) or more. It will sit and swivel while you smoke. And they are over-priced, always bent, and not made of stainless steel most of the time. If you are spending that much money, get a Mya.

a few extra bowls to play around and see what works out well for me- The H-S phunnel is a large and is only good if you plan to be smoking for over 3 hours

-exotica charcoal (it comes with 2 rolls of easy light and 2 packs of romans shisha)- They don't have the new shipment yet of "improved" Exoticas, get CocoNara's. You don't need ot cut them, they burn evenly, they have no taste, just a minor smell when lighting (like all nat. coals).

-few packs on tangiers- don't order too much, you might not be able to smoke it.