Thread: Ouch
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
sabsz
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstar View Post
I meant AU$1000.00, 1 grand in friggin duties and taxes, the crazy thing is according to customs I can bring as much as I want into the country and not pay a cent in duties and taxes as long as each package sent is no more than 250 grams, so if I wanted 2.65kg of tobacco and not pay $1000 I'd have to order 10 seperate orders paying shipping each time, not to bad for some places like smoking-hookah.com who's shipping cost isn't weight based and quite reasonable though it would still mean paying $20 for a tub of Al-Waha say when you include shipping, not cheap but I can live with that. Unfortunately the only 2 stores I've found that do this (which I think are the same mob) don't have a great range of flavours.
What's pissed me off even more is that I also had 6 boxes of Exoticas in the same order as well as a new Razan hose which all should have arrived last Friday and here I am sitting without a coal in sight and the nearest place that sells coals (if you can call them that bloody Roland QL's) is at least 5 hours drive away making it a 10 hour return drive and $70 trip which I refuse to do for Rolands.

Haha you would do that for exoticas? I sure wouldnt...