View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Noob advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowland
Any advice for the noob?

Ok i will try and keep this short but will likely fail.

The only real experience i have is the local hookah bar. I dont have to set anything up i just kick back and enjoy. Mostly i smoke apple (which has a strange anise taste for some reason). Ok so my first hookah arrived the other day, it is a single hose Egyptian (22"). I think i have it set up correctly but guess i would not know if i were wrong.

I am using Golden Coals and Romman Shisha (raspberry and mango).

I am not really in love with the Romman, as they both taste the same (honeyish?).
The smoke is really thin and weak.

What i am looking for is a really good tasting shisha and a heavy/thick smoke.

Mostly i have been using a screen, but today i did try foil, the screen worked the better of the two.

I have checked the hookah and it all seems tight. I would say the down stem is about 1" under water.

Any advice you can offer?

For easy reply,

1) How do you get those heavy smoke clouds (methods or brands)
2) What brand has a very rich flavor and a good smoke?
3) screens or foil?
4) any other advice a noob needs to know?

thanks for the help.
ignore everybody else haha just kidding...

1) How do you get those heavy smoke clouds (methods or brands) i prefer laylaya tangiers hookah hookah and al wa ha and i get amazing smoke
2) What brand has a very rich flavor and a good smoke? same brands hookah hookah is my current fav
3) screens or foil? i use foil as you can place as many holes as you would like... to mange heat better
4) any other advice a noob needs to know? i usually fill my steam really low like maybe 1/4 of the way with water.. and then pack the bowl just about a hair shy of the top of the bowl.. when using coals i start with 3 (thats broken as i use a phunell or a super cheif) so maybe 1 or 2 is your best bet... move the coals periodicaly and just keep trying ill make a video later as im super effin tired.