View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: Bad Hookah Reputation

Originally Posted by sabsz View Post
I sure hope so.
The very first time I smoked shisha...I had a confrontation with the PO's and they thought we were crackheads living in an abandoned truck trailer playing guitar and singing...they specifically asked "why do you need tinfoil?". Either way I was with my cousin and his friends, and they all went to private school so they were wearing the rich kid uniforms. They weren't allowed to smoke anything (cigarettes too) on campus, so basically they had found an unused/unlocked truck trailer nearby the school in the parking lot of a train station, and thats where the kids came too smoke. Anyways, we were singing and people called the cops saying they thought people were living inside?
Anyways, thats my little story.
I hate the negative reputation the hookah has and I also hate ignorant people. Like at least educate police officers on what a hookah is...right?
Then all they would have to do is take a whiff, and ask you to show them the package.
lol, there seems to be a lot more to that story than just hookah. the only time i can say i had a problem with the cops was when i went to a frat party, but the party was lame so we went to my car in a giant parking lot (it was packed with cars of people hitting up the parties in the area), and started setting up a hookah, we didn't have foil but we cut a beer can and used the metal as a screen for the bowl. either way, as soon as we started smoking the cops rolled up, shut the party down and a couple cars flooded the lot. everyone in the lot booked it and rolled out, while i threw the coals off, dumped the mix, and threw the hookah into my car (with water still in the vase :facepalm and we drove away as quick as we could. we were loitering but i was more worried about them catching me with hookah.

at that time i had no idea that they can't do crap for the hookah and most of them know what it is in LA. now i just get comfortable doing it lol