Re: A few maybe not so simple questions ?!?
1) Personally Layalina isnt a terrible brand, but i personally think there are better out there. even if they are a tad to a lot more expensive. The flavors aren't bad, just that there are better ones out there.
2) No, not quite. You will still get the same amount of smoke that you do from the MYA. It just means that the hit will be much easier on you, its more like breathing rather than some constriction from a smaller hose.
3) The phunnel is actually intended for Tangiers, which is a juicyish brand. So using a juicier brand like starbuzz and layalina helps out the flavor and session duration, making them last as long as 6 hours with a large bowl.
4) Exoticas right now are probably the best coals on the market, one of them at least. however it sounds like if your getting harsh burning tastes its perhaps how you pack the bowl, not the coal persay.
5) Some claim to get better tasting smoke from a diffuser, but it seems like its just there to make it quieter basically
Welcome to HP!