View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master
Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: A few maybe not so simple questions ?!?

first of all, welcome to the hookahpro community. You've asked some good questions and received some good answers. Now here's my 2cents:

1)laylina isn't neccesarily a bad brand, but there are better out there. AF being one of them.AF is a reputable brand with a ton of quality flavors to choose from, and for the price,you really can't go wrong.SB is also a very popular brand, known for a large variety of flavors, quality tobacco and longevity of taste throughout your session. I've tried 3 flavors and loved 2 of them.The x-mas blend and the marlette.The price, however, is too high imo.

2)I've never tried a nammor or razan hose, but they are loved by many here.As dunkel stated, the inside diameter of the hose makes all the difference. I have a $15 cobra that works pretty well. Mya also makes a larger diameter hose-

3)funnels are great for weter brands and also sustain the flavor abit longer. But clay bowls are fine for dryer brands such as al nahkla.

4)if your getting a harsh flavor from your coals there could be a problem with your setup.You may be burning your moassell due to over packing or too much heat.Exoticas are a great coal for the $ but they burn hot so watch you heat management. Al ajdad aren't the worst coal you can get but exoticas are hands down, a better buy.

5) I've never used a heba defusser but I have a homemade one that works just fine. Defussers allow for more bubbles which means more smoke is exposed to the cooling effects of the water.And yes, they are quieter.

good luck!

Last edited by abu ronin; May 19th, 2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason:!