View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast
Default Re: Pre-heating the bowl

Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Uh explain clearly? Lol kinda confused!

So you put boiling hot water into the actual shisha? Not a good idea imo lol or maybe I read it wrong!
Clearly it is not a bad idea, because he said the smoke was more flavorful and was a tad bit mellow in comparison to his average smoke.

If I feel like experimentating (I'm lazy), and I think about it whilst I am preparing, I might give it a shot! That is alot of work for the benefits that you get. At least that is what it sounds like to me.

I am pretty much content with my tap water 1/3rd exotica on the bowl. Good flavor and good smoke content, but I can see how it might improve smoke quality and flavor.

Originally Posted by sammniamii View Post
So, if I understand right, you are placing a packed bowl, with foil - into a small container of heated water.... BUT are you submerging the bowl enough to wet down the tobacco or is the water level low enough to avoid getting the tobacco wet, but allow the steam to dampen the tobacco.

He says he takes a quart sized bowl with 1 inch of water in the bottom. Definitely not submerging the tobacco in any way. Unless of course he put it upside down which is unlikely. You put it in steaming water and it rises up through the bowl is what he is trying to say I think.

Last edited by larrypzlast; June 27th, 2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: added some stuff