View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: My own little experiment

Originally Posted by boomhauer
thats only tar though. if you look at a pack of cigs it says they add the tar, in the hookah tobacco it says 0% tar. now what about all the other chemicals that come out when you smoke out of the hookah. smoking the hookah is not harmless and it will not be known if its any less harmless than smoking until a lot of studys are done
True...I agree with you...but you also have to think about the fact that the shisha in a hookah is "steamed" instead of burned like in a cigarrette...most of the toxic chemicals and carcinogens found in cigarrettes become harmful because of the fact that you are burning the tobacco and everything in it(the combustion process)..."steaming" shisha with the coal is more of an evaporation process of its contents more then anything (it runs a lot cooler)...
(damnit!...I had found this really interesting scientific experiment comparing the contents of cigarrete smoke compared to hookah smoke, and I seem to have lost it...I'll try to find it and post it later for more education and discussion).