Originally Posted by Kwikwi
Beautiful looking rig. Very nice coloring on the stem. For your downstem length issue, just add a short section of vinyl hose, similar to that used in aquariums. I have a J&R that had the same short downstem issue. Works just fine now. I would add a pic of it but from work that would be difficult.
Thanks for the tip. The stem doesn't seem to be metric or SAE. The measurements I took didn't line up with anything I had handy. So... I went to the hardware store and picked up a chunk od 3/8 ID food grade vinyl tubing. Got a cup of water boiling in the microwave, dipped the tube end in it for ~20 seconds and pressed it into place. The best part is my tea ball difuser has a tight interference fit.