View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Juno Discusses "Big Tobacco"

No one has to live in america, hell i would rather live in Europe or Japan anyway. I would get out, that's all. When the going get's tough, the tough get going.

Do you know how easy it would be for Big Tobacco to eradicate all use of our hookahs? Make up bogus studies, push the government into passing laws. Some people are trying to keep cigarettes out, but i see more people then ever before (more young people as well) smoking cigarettes. Prime Time Cigar is selling to a young audience (they don't know how young i mean), and they use "Happy Hour" sweet mixed drink flavors to get the youth population on their side. I recently saw some odd contraption that is plastic and has a ball in the middle, and I am guessing it somehow reduces the negative effects of cigarette smoking?? If it happens, there really isn't much you can do. No one is truly allowed peaceful protesting, so that's out of the question.

Juno, one thing you didn't mention is that this is in fact America, people smoke cigarettes because they are lazy-ass mother fuckers. And now, people have even less money, so they are going to stick to their cigarettes because that is the cheapest way to ease their edginess. There are only a small group of people that actually care about what would happen to the hobby of hookah if what you are saying was to occur. Those voices are mostly all represented here. That's a small percentage of the over-all population, and we probably couldn't do much.