View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven
Default Re: Packing the Vortex 101

Yeah, when you get this bowl, I think it will revolutionize your smoking experience. I just can't say enough good things about this bowl. I posted a video of BIG smoke, and it was this bowl that helped this Arabian Phenom accomplish enough to say "Codename WHO!?" LOL, this is what I want you to do when you get this bowl:

1) Sprinkle your shisha around the cone like you would pack any bowl. You can bring the shisha up to the four holes in the cone and it will be fine. Leave room under the lip of the bowl so that your coals aren't sitting right on top of the shisha.
2) Put the foil on and the way how Mr. Bungle and I like to do is poke 3 layers of holes around the outer edge of the bowl. This will give you great airflow and this is a must!
3) Put the charcoal on the outer edge of the bowl as you know how to do I'm sure. I like to use 3 Coco Naras if I have them in stock, otherwise just make sure you have a good bit on there, it'll supply you with big smoke and you probably want that I'm guessing. The most important thing is DON'T BE AFRAID TO GET HARSH SMOKE! EXPERIMENT!!!

Those are my 3 steps I take and I found this to be quite successful. I use heaps of coal and I never have any harsh smoke, maybe once every so often (more so with shisha like Nakhla because it's a bit dry), but for the most part it isn't a big factor with the Vortex bowl. I hope this helps you out. Let me know if you have any troubles my friend

NOTE: If you don't get big smoke right away, don't be upset. Be patient and let that bowl heat up well and you will have big smoke that is absolutely full of flavour. I assure you of this.

- Salaam

Last edited by FarBeyondDriven; August 19th, 2008 at 06:05 AM.