View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
The Egyptian's Avatar
The Egyptian
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 1,472
Default Re: Noticed something odd...

apparently ur coal has lots and lots of sulphur in it which dissolves in water easily, which A is unhealthy and B alters the taste badly. If you need to make sure, light one fully till it's red all around and inside then extinguish it with water, if you smell a bad smell (like a fart ), it has sulphur and this smell is sulphur oxides. In such case STOP using this coal immediately, as sulphur oxides are damaging to the lung (since these oxides + water vapor from the atmosphere or water in the vase may form driplets of Sulfurous/Sulfuric acid).
Reply With Quote