View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: Tell Your Story of how you fell in love

My dad went to Egypt for the military and brought a hookah back. At the time I had no idea what it was. I thought it was just some weird art piece and he never said anything about it. I wasn't curious about it at the time either. When he was in Egypt that's when he discovered hookah. He bought one for himself and brought it back. He never got to use it however...
A few years later, my friend/coworker bought one for his birthday and wanted me to come to his party and break it in. I felt very strong against smoking at the time but I said I'd at least come to his party. Well, after a few drinks i lighten up a bit. They brought out the hookah and got it lit up. I can't even describe what was going through my thoughts. I think before hand I was more afraid of getting addicted. Well, I am addicted but I only smoke it when I throw a party, which is very often!
After that night, I asked my dad about his hookah. I asked if I could use it and he said yeah but you have to smoke it with me first. I guess he wanted to make sure I knew how to use it because after our session he gave it to me!