Thread: addiction ?
View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: addiction ?

I am glad that some here found utility in what I have to say about this matter and I will add the following:

Clinically speaking , addiction is a state in which the body relies on a substance for normal functioning and develops physical dependence which with the passing of time degrades the userís ability to function while an ever greater tolerance to the substance is cultivated . When the substance on which someone is dependent is suddenly removed, it will cause withdrawal syndrome, a characteristic set of signs and symptoms which are dehabilitating or life threatening and require medical intervention.

Addition does not mean that you simply desire to do something habit forming when you are not able to. Simply over indulging in anything you find enjoyable is not the same as being addicted.

If you find that smoking or anything that carries a health risk factor inhibits your enjoyment of life rather then enhances it you should do it less often until that situation changes or stop it all together. If you can't drink alcohol without getting drunk don't drink. If you find yourself tense, irritable or other wise unable to function without a smoke you need to stop smoking.

Use tobacco to enhance the senses. Don't let it or anything else use you.