View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend
Default Re: State of the Hookah Union Address

It occurs to me that the shortage of decent rigs in the states is a result the demand being very high which strikes me as an excellent thing. Also, I don't it realistic to expect that well built narghiles from Egypt & Syria (and I suppose Turkey) can be turned out as quickly as the stuff built in massive slave factories in China.

As to bad quality crap from China I suppose that since narghile stuff is super trendy right now the Chinese are turning out mountains of rubbish to capitalize on the trend knowing full well that in 3-5 years the demand will drop to nothing if the economic collapse of the US doesn't kill the market first.

The real problem with having tons of crap flooding the market is that legions of naive kids looking to be in on the latest fad will conclude that the pastime is unpleasant after acquiring Chinese rigs and coals.

What bothers me a lot is that so much of the moassel on the market is fake, candy like stuff that lacks any semblence to what has been smoked up until 20 the last 20 years or so.