View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast
Default Re: Cultural question for my Egyptian friends.

Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
I have pretty much found from this thread that it appears that the problems in Ethiopia may stem more from political and racial tension more than anything else
It is political but not racial.

Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Yipes! Talk about restricting your own personal freedom in the name of being polite!
This is courtesy .... not restriction, the main difference is that with courtesy you do not have to do it .... But it is nice if you do so.

Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
i smoke inside my apartment probably 9-12 hours a week and there is no residual smell from it. QLs can leave a touch of smell, and i noticed exoticas some times did as well, but exoticas was more just burned charcoal smell than any chemical smell. but i have never noticed any real smell in my place or in any friends places that smoked hookah

+1 here. I smoke in my living AND bed rooms and never had the smell stay lingering for more than an hour after the session is done. If you cook/fry fish the smell would be 100 times worse than hookah and would linger around, on the other hand, hookah smell is very benign and smells like air freshener and never lingers long.

Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
I had an Egyptian teacher tell me once that smoking mint shisha is a substitution for brushing your teeth and that fruit shisha counts as a serving for a day.
Typical Egyptian idiotic teacher who thinks telling jokes to pupils would be endearing. DISCLAIMER: I AM Egyptian and my mother used to be a teacher, so I am neither racist nor anti-teacher!