Thread: Smoke Smell
View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hookah Master
Default Re: Smoke Smell

Originally Posted by antouwan View Post
don't worry so much about the lingering smell as the permanent and destructive force of the coals.....take many precautions, my friends and i went so far as to buy a set of 'auxiliary rugs', because after MANY spills, we decided it would be better to blanket the entire area than permanately screw up the carpet. a slight smell hanging out for a couple hours your parents can deal with, permenately screwed up carpet/flooring/furniture your parents will have a much harder time forgiving you for
QFMFT. i burned my roommates carpet, then got a small rug to go under my hookah and the coals now jump over the rug to go to the bigger one. if i had money (or cared enough at this point) i would go by a 4'X4' something to cover the ground. you can even get away with card board if you need to i would just cut a hole so the hookah can sit on a more firm ground below it. all that depends on size of the hookah though, a 12 hookah doesnt necessarily have the potential of throwing coals like a 32+ does, just because they are less distance to fall.

also another good way to avoid coal spills is to take a foil pie plate and use it as/ or under your coal tray