View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: what got u started???

i actually had no influence and no introduction! since i was a young'un i thought hookahs looked just plain cool. i was always intrigued by them- the look, the process (though i had no idea how complex a process), and i guess the mystique. being a czech mutt raised in the farmlands of ohio i had no influence or experience with such things. i married my wife who is half egyptian (but the egyptians in her heritage were adopted by italians in italy so there was no real cultural education- all they really know about egypt is from steve martin's king tut song on snl back in the day) so me and the wife were talking about hookah somehow and our shared interest in it. we did some googling and came across starbuzz flavors and stared at the screen drooling. i went to the local flea market to buy a hookah from the unsavory broad who carries airsoft guns and knives to sell to the local ne'er-do-wells. it was a 2 hose pumpkin that looked cheap so i told her to go screw. i went to a local "shop" and purchased a sahara smoke small hookah and the rest is history. goood stuff. good thread idea.