View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via Yahoo to CPill
Default Re: hookah lounge + restaurant

Originally Posted by TheHookahStore View Post
Interesting question. I was recently at a hookah lounge/cafe in Oregon where there are laws that say no smoking in any building open to the public and no smoking in any building where there are employees. I asked the guy how he got around those laws.

His answer was, he has outdoor shisha smoking all the time as he has tables outdoor as well as a special members only time when they have shisha smoking inside. When they have shisha smoking inside they are not open to the public, but open to members only. They charge a one time membership fee costs $10 which is the same amount you would spend on one smoking session. Then they give you one free smoking session when you sign up for membership.

Then I asked, but what about the smoking where there are employees? He says all his employees are family which makes him exempt.

Oregon is one of the most strict states there is when it comes to smoking in public places.
Wow lol. that was actually quite informative. I guess i'll have to check out the exact AZ law about how it's stated to try and "get around" it