View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Shipping to Canada

Originally Posted by vcitriniti View Post
[FONT=Verdana]My order arrived today and it actually got here pretty quick, it was shipped on the 29th from Chicago it cleared customs last night and arrived today at 11am. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Here is the order:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]1x Large Hookah Cleaning Brush Set[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]1x Nammor Hookah Hose[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]1x Box of Exotica Coals[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]2x Box of Coconara Coals (84 pcs)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]6x 250g jar of Starbuzz shisha[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]3x 250g of Tangiers shisha[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]5x 50g box of Romman shisha[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]The total bill was $223.29 after shipping and HP discount.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I was taxed a $153.82 and after taxes and handling fees the total was $182.98.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I spoke with CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) about this and apparently the laws have been changed in Canada. Shisha now sits in its own category and is no longer taxed by weight. Shisha is now taxed by dollar value. I was taxed on the total value of the package instead on just the value of the tobacco so I can claim that and hopefully get some of my money back. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]This is good and bad for Canadians because as long as a vendor is willing to mark down the dollar value of the tobacco we are fine. But because of the change in the law the tax on shisha tobacco has gone way up, for every $10 on shisha the tax is $30CDN. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]This is the first time in a year that I have been taxed on a order but knowing what I know now I am going to assume it is because up until now all of my packages have been marked down to $6. This is the first order were the vendor was not willing to mark down the package. I guess that means itís just time to find a new vendor.[/FONT]
Looks like i will NEVER ship shisha, EVER!!! $30 for every $10, NO WAY! that is ridiculous - I thought Cigarettes were bad to bring across driving, this is outrageous! I just say I have some open "pipe tobacco" and they don't care when i drive across.

PM me if you ever find a vendor who is willing to mark down