Thread: do you inhale?
View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: do you inhale?

Originally Posted by CPill View Post
sorry i probably didn't explain it very well...
so you can breathe like this: completely empty -> breathe -> completely full.
and when i say this i mean that you blow ALL your air out (completely empty) where it feels like your lungs are rung out of all oxygen, then you breathe in to completely full, where it feels like your lungs will burst if another iota of oxygen comes in.
what i was saying about THAT type of breathing/smoking is that it creates a lot of tension in your chest and will give you the feeling that you NEED to exhale to inhale more oxygen, as a natural bodily defense.

to rid yourself of that feeling of NEEDING to exhale the smoke, i was saying that instead of going COMPLETELY empty -> COMPLETELY full, go from a COMFORTALBE empty -> COMFORTABLE full.
when you breathe normally, such as when you're speaking with someone, the air you use is the comfortable range. when you're "empty", there's still oxygen in your lungs, and when you're "full" you can still breathe in more air, but to go past those comfort points would create tension and the NEED exhale. so i was saying that to not feel like you NEED to exhale and thus making it difficult to blow smoke rings, you should stay in the comfortable range instead of maxing out your lungs to both extremes.

so when smoking, don't do this process: 1. force out all oxygen 2. inhale smoke until lungs are 100% full 3. blow out smoke/blow smoke rings
but do this instead, and remain relaxed: 1. exhale to 25% oxygen 2. inhale to about 75% 3.blow out smoke/blow smoke rings
it will help you be able to "hold your breathe" without feeling like you gotta force out the smoke before you get the chance to even blow out your rings

sorry it's so long winded, and i HOPE it helps, cause i'd hate for you to read all that and be like "wow, what a waste" you know?
LOL no that helps man, thanks

Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I never did figure out how to blow Os but the tricks so the trick with smoke thing is obviously not my thing. To me a major aspect of smoking is taste and since I don't have any taste buds in my lungs I don't inhale. Of course since I never liked cigarettes and started out my love of tobacco with cigars I never got into inhaling.
So do you just puff a little smoke at a time? I dont see how u can bring air in but not let it go past your mouth