View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Shipping to Canada

Originally Posted by vcitriniti View Post
[FONT=Verdana]I also find they do tend to tax less during this time of year. Normally with other tobacco the value doesnít matter but with Shisha tobacco it does. The new tax law on shisha tobacco is for $10 of shisha there is a $30 tax. This is because the weight on a box of shisha is not all tobacco and there is no fair way of taxing how much tobacco is in the box. This is why if a vendor is willing to mark down the package and NOT put in the original invoice showing the value of the purchase then there is no problem. Customs could always by chance open the box and declare what they think the package is really worth but that is normally either way too high or much lower. You can of course dispute this with them if you ever had to.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Itís obvious the tax is so outrageous to scare people from not importing shisha tobacco. Which I wouldnít have to do if they didnít make it so hard for tobacco dealers in Canada to import it for us. If they donít want us buying from outside of Canada and that is what is going on here, why donít they just make it easier for people here to buy from their local vendors? But that will never happen this is Canada and we pay $10 for a pack a cigarettes![/FONT]
Just more ways of controlling what you can do with your body. Honestly nothing the Canadian government does regarding tobacco is gonna surprise me anymore after issuing their latest cigarettes law. Now vendors who sell cigarettes have to keep the cigarettes covered. SUPPOSEDLY that won't attract new people to smoke. The unbelievably thing is even Tobacco stores have to do it too.

onehourlater: yeah marking tobacco as gift will be useless, the 60$ will still be taxable. Still this is the best time of the year to make an order, a lot of packages go through the boarder because it's christmas and few get taxed because it's winter.