View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:24 AM
Mr_Stubbes
Hookah Master

Default Re: Latest eBay pick up

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Small Voice View Post
The hose says "genuine Tunisian model", a name I can't make out on my phone (daad**** bros), and a phone number (2227857). The circle has the English letter D.

To my knowledge, there are no hookahs being manufactured in Syria, nor have there been for a very long time. For the last 10 years or so, they've been made in China, and before that, the manufacture was outsourced to Jordan and Lebanon.

The last time I was in Dearborn, I had a discussion about this with a Syrian immigrant who owns a hookah shop. I told him that there are people who are very insistent that their Syrian hookah was actually made in Syria.

He answered by telling me that he was very proud of his oldest son who, at the age of 13 had thrown a rock at a traffic light, breaking out the glass. He made a small fortune on the streets of Damascus selling "genuine uncut Nairobi emeralds" to tourists. Take that for what it's worth.

Very nice looking little pipe- you did well!
Thanks for the info OSV!