Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

uk suppliers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 20th, 2010, 07:12 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

Default uk suppliers

OK guys iv recently been stung by customs on a shipment of al fakher . as you can imagine im a little pissed about this because is gonna cost me more to get them to release the stuff than what i actually paid for it .
where i live is really hard to get any shish tobacco of any brand without it being fake . i have done a little research into most of the online suppliers i can find and it seems that none of them do not hold any of their stock in the uk . so there for customs is all ways a risk .
im really hoping that some of you guys on the forum can help me find a site or person that can supply me with af , sb or nahkla direct from the uk delivered.
any info at all will be greatly appreciated . sorry if this a repost i did search the forum without much luck
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:17 AM
RedBullGiveWING
Banned

Default Re: uk suppliers

shame man disappointing waiting for a shisha package and you find that huge bill LOL whereabouts do you live? and there are quite a few ppl from the uk in the trading section of this forum selling starbuzz/af mainly. If you give shishabuzz.com an email there selling fantasia 200g tubs.

Not many ppl are selling nakhla, I get my nakhla double apple locally but the bus takes forever to get there and it's expensive to get the bus now -_-. If your from manchester I can tell you where it is.
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

yeah im really disappointed iv been waiting almost 2 weeks for this package only to be face with greed bloody customs . i live in hemel i could into london i guess to pick up my shisha but as you say travelling out of town gets expensive . thanks for the info with shisha buzz ill get on it
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM
craigisageek
Hookah Newbie

I feel your pain - the best section to buy is the trade section of this forum really. It's getting harder and harder to obtain it here in the UK.
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:43 AM
jimbo2779
Hookah Pro

Yeah you can get plenty of shisha from the trade section of this forum but be careful as the prices can be quite high from some sellers. Patelbadboy is a great seller if you can catch his threads before everything goes.

eBay has prices similar to the trade section here for AF, shishabuzz.com is decent and the prices aren't too high but it is limited and you have to get in pretty quick, Sahal at shishabuzz does have fantasia as stated before but he gets stuff in all the time.

ShishaLife.com may sell tobacco but Im not so sure about that as I have never dealt with them personally.

You can buy from Germany but the tobacco there is short on moisture so tends not to last quite as long (unless you add a small amount of glycerine, bought from boots cheaply) and it isn't that easy to find a seller that will ship out of germany due to their laws on exporting tobacco.

Hope some of that helps, it is a real pain getting hold of tobacco in the UK.

Just out of interest how much tobacco did you order that it got stopped by customs?
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:00 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

just been in touch with shishabuzz and yes they have some tobacco for sale . iv not tried fantasia yet but the youtube reviews seem positive so im gonna go for it. i tried shishalife but iv had no response as yet . i also checked out the trade section as advised and iv pmed one of the guys there about some af so fingers crossed . i only had about 40 worth stopped so not a great deal to lose. but im pretty skint at the moment and its money i cant really afford to lose . customs want a further 60 to release the tobacoo . so yeah 100 for some tobacco greedy bastards . i think im gonna have to loose the 40
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Erm I think even if you pay the 60 pounds they will not release it they will just still destroy it tell them to ship it back to then seller then you can get some of your money back chat to Patelbadboy2006 maybe he an help you
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:06 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

the letter i received from parcelforce did state that the parcel is ready to be delivered and that i could even arrange when the parcel could be sent (for a extra fee of course ) providing the duty has been paid . but yeah i might get them to send it back then get onto the website i bought it from for a refund . ya never know they maybe sympathetic to my situation. this patelbadboy sounds like his the man to talk to . thanks for all your help guys
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Cupid
Hookah Newbie

I always get my AF from ebay. There are some really good and helpfull sellers there that will trade outside of ebay and do some pretty good deals, especially on bulk orders. If you want some email addresses for some helpfull sellers then send me a message mate. They are here just hard to find!!
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Just curious whats the tax based on in the UK the weight of the tobacco ordered or by the price?
Old November 21st, 2010, 05:12 AM
jimbo2779
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
Just curious whats the tax based on in the UK the weight of the tobacco ordered or by the price?
I always thought it was 70 per kilo regardless of how much you paid. I know when the taxes get put up, about 10 times a year lol, they go up an absolute amount as opposed to a relative amount. For example a pack of fags will go up say 10p rather than go up 1%.

Taxes here really are rediculous.

Bloodfire would know better than me about how much it is exactly but I thought it was 70.

Also if you pay the duty on it they will release it and you will take delivery of it, they don't take your money then destroy the goods anyway otherwise what is the incentive to pay?
Old November 21st, 2010, 05:13 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

thanks cupid will pm you
i really dont know how they base there tax but its excessive . i get the feeling its based on quantity so beware of getting large consignments through uk boarder control
Old November 21st, 2010, 05:18 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

break down of costs

EXCISE DUTY 37

VAT 9.70

CLEARANCE FEE 13.50

TOTAL 60.69

that was on about 500g of tobacco

Last edited by bloodfire; November 21st, 2010 at 05:31 AM. Reason: quantity brought
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:06 AM
jimbo2779
Hookah Pro

Yeah so the duty is pretty much 70 per kilo, I hadn't factored in VAT or clearance fee. In fact I didn't know they charged you money to charge you money.

Seriously that is rediculous. I had heard of people ordering large amounts of tobacco and not getting tax out their arse and kinda thought they were just lucky but to get stung for just 500g is more than harsh.

Im sorry you had to go through all this Bloodfire, have you sent it back or are you paying them off?
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:35 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

I'm not gonna pay what is effectively 100 for 500g of tobacco. still trying to contact website that I ordered from for a refund as I have proof that I wont actually receive the tobacco. Maybe ill get my money back . But to be fair its not there problem they did there job. so not holding out for that . Ill put this down to experience and a lessen learnt . Don't fuck with h.m.revenue . I guess it could of been worse I bet people have been stung on like a 100 kilo wholesale orders . So ill count myself as let off lightly
Old November 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
jimbo2779
Hookah Pro

Who was this from? If it was hookah-shisha or hookahset I have heard of them accepting the package back and refunding money for the goods. You can probably say goodbye to the delivery costs but you may get a little bit back from your vendor. I imagine the packaging wasn't very discreet.

I would love to know what vendor as some have better chances of getting through without having to pay duty than others.

Thanks for the info Bloodfire.
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:22 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

Got if from Shishatobacco.eu well it seems like there are plenty of traders on the forum that I'd rather give my money to . The UK takes enough out if my pocket already so ill be helping out my fellow Shisha brothers on the forum for now on
Old November 21st, 2010, 09:47 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

That web site makes it seem like they are located in the uk. Read all there terms and comitions and if it says nothing about being shipped from
Out of the uk u can claim the money back

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:13 AM
jimbo2779
Hookah Pro

Wow that site looks shady as all hell. So they are not in the eu but are running a website on a .eu domain and price their items in pound sterling. Also check the crazy pricing on there
Nakhla 250g - 27.79
Nakhla Mizo 500g - 26.99

What the hell is that? a quid less for double the mizo?

I just noticed that they are rocking the GB flag as well, looks like a clear case of misleading information. Is Golden Al Fakher actually spelled Golden Al Fakheer? so many things on this site look dodgy.

I would do my best to get my money back and either buy from one of the following places:
shishabuzz.com
trade section here
hookahset
hookah-shisha
hookah1(people seem to like this company but I dunno what their international delivery is like)
alfakherflavours.com(if all you want is Al Fakher)

Don't forget to tell them when you contact them again that they CLEARLY state on their website on all the tobacco listings that the price INCLUDES TAX, even though the disclaimer at the bottom of the page states otherwise the most obvious bit to look at is the price. They have tried to deliberately mislead by stating clearly that tax is included and then putting a disclaimer right at the bottom of each listing claiming otherwise, if they are UK based or even EU based you shouldn't have much trouble getting your money back to be honest. If they aren't however you could have a hard time getting it.

They should either give you a full refund or pay the taxes. Suffice to say I would never advise anyone buy from this company but now you already have you may have to start badgering them to either cough up for the taxes or cough up for a refund of everything.

Im really sorry you are having to go through this dude.

P.S their telephone number is London based (02081232822) so providing they actually have a land line ring them and give them some shit, they should do the right thing. I mean their prices are absolutely astronomical so they surely have made plenty of money off other people that they could give you back your 40.

Last edited by jimbo2779; November 21st, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:23 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

The web site is UK based iv spoken to the guy about a week ago on the phone he seems like a fairly decent bloke . Like I said before most web site take your order then get the package sent straight to you from al fakher them selfs .this way they never get caught out by the revenue . Can blame them that's what I'd do
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
jimbo2779
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfire View Post
The web site is UK based iv spoken to the guy about a week ago on the phone he seems like a fairly decent bloke . Like I said before most web site take your order then get the package sent straight to you from al fakher them selfs .this way they never get caught out by the revenue . Can blame them that's what I'd do
No mate that is not how things normally go down, dunno what he has told you but normally you buy it from the shop and they send it from the shop.

If the guy explained to you before hand that is one thing but if you bought from the shop blindly from what the website says you have a very legitimate claim.

Their prices are high like the product is already in the UK and duty paid, they claim tax is paid so how would you know it was your responsibility to pay.

At least you are due your money back for the product. ANY worthwhile vendor would afford you this, perhaps not delivery as they would be out of pocket.

It is not your fault the guy is dropshipping and taking literally no responsibility for how he decides to conduct his business. I have never heard of a single trader in the UK dropshipping shisha tobacco. Don't just take his word for it man, get ya money back and order from a reputable vendor.

For instance if you bought your Nakhla from hookahset you would have paid the equivalent of 5 per 250g of Nakhla which is a little bit cheaper than the 27 he sells it for, no amount of delivery would offset that price parity.

Has he said he will give you your money back for the product?
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:53 AM
RedBullGiveWING
Banned

I kno 27 quid for standard nakhla is ridiculous even ebay is cheaper.
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM
jimbo2779
Hookah Pro

redbull I just tried PMing you but your box is full. so I will leave an abbreviated reply here.

I have bought about 1kg from Isreal (pretty sure it was, forget exactly as it was a long time ago but was surprised of its origins when it arrived) in 50g samplers as my first ever over seas purchase, and didnt have to pay duty. I bought about 750g from hookah-shisha without having to pay duty and just over 2kg from Germany but that is EU so no need to worry about duty from them either.

Most of my advice comes from others on this forum, people like Jay (patelbadboy) who have ordered lots of things from abroad and rarely had to pay duty. If you are ever in doubt just make sure you order from one of the hookahpro vendors and get in touch with them first before making the order.

From what lots of people say round here, if you keep the package below a couple of kilo's and stick to the above mentioned vendors you have a lesser chance of the customs asking for money.
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
bloodfire
Hookah Nut

I spoke to someone at al fakherflavours.com and they do the samething they don't keep there stock in the UK either and they say they have never had problems with customs . I havnt spoken to this guy yet about a refund cos no reply as yet. but I will get to him this week ill let you all know how that goes.
Well iv made enough contacts thanks to everyones help . So hopfully ill never have to worry about this Shit again . You guys have been great with info and contacts thank you
Old November 24th, 2012, 04:24 AM
cavani
Hookah Newbie

you couldn't help me and send me some links could you?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook