Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Jumbo vs smaller vases

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 6th, 2010, 02:29 AM
superbeefy2050
Banned

Default Jumbo vs smaller vases

So in your opinion which one delivers a better, more cloud filled smoke? I was thinking that a bigger base would take longer to fill and wouldn't provide a whole lot of smoke to the person when they inhaled. A smaller base would fill in a fill up quicker and would provide more smoke when you inhaled.
Old December 6th, 2010, 03:40 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Default Re: Jumbo vs smaller vases

It really makes no difference in smoke. Concern yourself more with how far the downstem extends into the base. You don't want the base to be so small that the downstem hits bottom (making it useless). You also don't want it so large that you have to fill the water level up into the neck as that could splash water up into your hose.

Old December 6th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Professor Oak
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbeefy2050 View Post
So in your opinion which one delivers a better, more cloud filled smoke? I was thinking that a bigger base would take longer to fill and wouldn't provide a whole lot of smoke to the person when they inhaled. A smaller base would fill in a fill up quicker and would provide more smoke when you inhaled.
Technically, a bigger base can hold a higher volume of smoke in its "reservoir." One could infer that this feature would deliver bigger clouds. But honestly, there isn't much of a difference. The post above me is also something you should take into consideration.

"Super super moist" - Linerndunch
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:33 AM
HAndreas
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
Technically, a bigger base can hold a higher volume of smoke in its "reservoir." One could infer that this feature would deliver bigger clouds. But honestly, there isn't much of a difference. The post above me is also something you should take into consideration.
m8 i tried my base with 3 different levels of water at the same coal-bowl-shisha-hose setup and all of them had the exact same smoke...the 3rd actually was pretty high cause of the diffuser so before i tried it i said "ok why did i buy the diffuser....there is not going to come smoke out from it..." but i was wrong... it was exactly the same...
Old December 6th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Professor Oak
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAndreas View Post
m8 i tried my base with 3 different levels of water at the same coal-bowl-shisha-hose setup and all of them had the exact same smoke...the 3rd actually was pretty high cause of the diffuser so before i tried it i said "ok why did i buy the diffuser....there is not going to come smoke out from it..." but i was wrong... it was exactly the same...
Perhaps you should re-read my post.

"Super super moist" - Linerndunch
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:08 AM
tomknotts
Hookah Pro

The main advantage i can see with the large vase is that its harder to tip over(more water for weight larger surface area touching the ground). But as said before i have smoked from large and small vasees and havent seen much of a diffrence.
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:50 PM
HAndreas
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Perhaps you should re-read my post.
hahahahha :P
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

The only things that make the clouds better are the type of tobacco, the heat management and your lung capacity. Even with the smallest rig and hose you can get monster clouds if the tobacco and heat are right and you have the lung power to get a full draw. The largest a cloud can be is the volume of your lungs. I still suggest using a wide gauge hose and a rig with a good ID stem so that you can draw easily without fighting but the base is inconsequential.
Old December 6th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

base size volume has nothing to do with cloud size, like Kalu said it's heat/tobacco/lun capacity. Even if the area holding the smoke is different you still have to pull air through the head of the hookah (generating more smoke) to move smoke into your lungs so it's not like having extra smoke in the chamber is going to affect how much you can pull in.

Bottom line is, so long as it's functional, bases are aethetics and for making hookahs harder to tip over.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook