Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

UK costoms

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 16th, 2017, 10:22 PM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

Default UK costoms

I've been ordering from smoking-hookah as packages from them seem to not get stopped by customs. Once before I ordered from hookah-shisha and had to do a 3h round trip to pay customs charge. Was I just unlucky or does it matter who I purchase from? Both ship from Texas, so starting location doesn't seem to be the determining factor.

Edit: I misspelled customs in the thread name, shame on me.
Old November 17th, 2017, 05:46 AM
uzi123
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: UK costoms

Hi mate,

I've just recently restarted shisha after a trip to Dubai and I can't believe how expensive the flavours are in the UK! Best prices I can seem to find are on eBay but still pricey. I'm in London so hope to visit Edgware Road soon.

Anyways,I'm considering ordering from abroad - would you have any tips on how to avoid charges? Would smoking-hookah label as a gift? Don't want to order too much and get charged! Do you just pay customs or duty as well due to it being tobacco?

Any help is much appreciated!
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:45 AM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi123 View Post
Hi mate,

I've just recently restarted shisha after a trip to Dubai and I can't believe how expensive the flavours are in the UK! Best prices I can seem to find are on eBay but still pricey. I'm in London so hope to visit Edgware Road soon.

Anyways,I'm considering ordering from abroad - would you have any tips on how to avoid charges? Would smoking-hookah label as a gift? Don't want to order too much and get charged! Do you just pay customs or duty as well due to it being tobacco?

Any help is much appreciated!
In my experience its cheaper to order from abroad, even with shipping being what it is. Plus, you get a much better selection. Ordering from smoking-hookah I usually just get the package delivered to my door like any other. When I ordered from hookah-shisha I didn't have to pay the huge tobacco duty, just a £15 customs charge, but you have to go to the far north east of London.

The only tip I can give is that after ordering 5 times from smoking-hookah and using both shipping options, I never had problems. Doesn't mean it will be the same for you though. The cheapest option for smoking-hookah is to buy 750g of tobacco, that's the maximum weight for the cheaper shipping. It adds up to about £10/100g, all things included.

Also, if you are after hookah shops, skip Edgware Road and go to Queensway Market. Its pretty close and offers a much better range of products.

Last edited by GidroDox; November 17th, 2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old November 17th, 2017, 10:00 AM
uzi123
Hookah Newbie

Wow that's some super useful info. Just curious, what was the depo you had to visit to pay customs? Anytime I've had to pay customs it's been easily done online so just curios.

Thanks for the tip on queensway market, that's actually closer to me as I'm in West London so I'll check it out. As long as it's cheaper than eBay I may skip ordering from the USA and just utilise qm market!

Thanks
Old November 18th, 2017, 10:41 AM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

I don't remember to be honest, its been several years since then. Perhaps the system changed and if it happened now I'd be able to pay online too.
Old December 14th, 2017, 09:22 PM
GidroDox
Hookah Nut

Well, I ordered from hookah-shisha again, lets see if I get lucky this time or if its just not a website worth ordering from if you are in the UK.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook