Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Reviews > Hookah Pipes

Hookah Pipes Reviews of hookah pipes used for smoking hookah ...

A Nour Screw-Together

Hookah Pipes

Reply Share

Old May 29th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Default A Nour Screw-Together

I bought this from DropkickDragout whom has, sadly, quit smoking.
(http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22911)
First off this hookah is gorgeous. It is solid, unlike those KMs . I think it is brass with nickel plating, judging by the green oxidation that came out from the initial cleaning. It screws together to make a good seal on the stem. One great thing about the screw together is that it is held together by threading, not pressure, so I feel okay when picking it up by the stem.
The top of the stem (where the bowl goes) attaches the ash tray very securely onto the stem, it has some engravings that are very subtle, which seems like wasted effort because it's usually covered in ash, coals, heat marks, etc. On the negative side the ash tray is so attached, if it was knocked the whole thing will go down, as opposed to just ash or coals bouncing with the tray.
The vase has some raised glass designs that are floral, with a funny looking hand-painted silver flower also. It really looks cute, like it was a "Bring your daughter to the workshop day" or something :3. It has a very convenient metal stand on the bottom for stability with some wheat stylings on it. The vase stands smaller than a large egyptian bell, but slightly taller than the small bell. It's roughly 2 qt vases tall. The opening is not big enough to put standard sized ice cubes in, although I do not bother with such things.
The hookah itself is roughly 28'' tall which is my ideal sized for a pipe. Over thirty is too large (stability, cleaning) and under 24'' will have warmer smoke. This is right in my ball park.
The draw. This has a draw more open than my QT and slightly less than my KM. The flavor seems to be concentrated much better though. If I put my tongue in front of the mouth piece I can feel smoke, each liquid particle of the vapor hitting my tongue. No matter how weird it sounds you can feel thousands of needle sized particles hitting your tongue. The draw is just right, as in it's open enough to not work your diaphragm, but closed enough to not lose flavor. Sadly the purge is weak, but I rarely have trouble with heat management, so it's alright with me
Smoke production is the same as a KM. One would obtain the same amount through drawing longer is all, it is something that needs to be understood :P.
Here are some pictures! I hope they do some justice.
Enjoy my hands in the reflection, and also the bedspread :3

Hopefully this will invigorate some of you guys to move away from the KM hype that plagues this site. This is my ideal hookah, the overall quality is phenomenal, there is no solder/weld marks etc visible to the naked eye (magnifying glass though, haha). It is SOLID, if could be used in self defense easily. Heavier than my km, and that has about 6 inches on it.
RATING: 10/10
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook