Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Reviews > Hookah Pipes

Hookah Pipes Reviews of hookah pipes used for smoking hookah ...

Yahya Pumpkin

Hookah Pipes

Reply Share

Old June 6th, 2010, 02:58 AM
onsunkenships
Hookah Newbie

Default Yahya Pumpkin

My first hookah. I picked this up from a local Halal grocery store. It's got a blue pumpkin base with a brass stem and stainless tray. I haven't found much about this brand online, but from what I gather it's related to Havana somehow. The shop I bought it from sells these Yahya pipes and identical Havana pipes, so I think somewhere along the line Yahya was bought out. It came in a metal case with tongs and a hose.

Pipe: 12" Yahya Pumpkin
Shisha: Starbuzz Safari Melon Dew
Bowl: Small Havana Egyptian
Coals: 1 Deezer puck
Foil: 1 Havana foil round
Hose: 48" Egyptian

Appearance: Pretty spiffy for a little $25 pumpkin. The vase is dark blue and very thick. The stem is brass with a simple chamber. It has a blue jewel intersecting it that matches the color of the vase exactly. The tray is small and stainless steel. Grommets fit snug.

Draw: Surprisingly easy for such a small hookah with a crappy hose. I'm not going to replace the hose because it works just fine with this and anything longer would look ridiculous.

Purge: Not great. It takes a few blows to empty the base completely. Can't complain for $25 though.

Smoke: I can get some nice big clouds from this little thing depending on how I pack my bowl and manage my heat. The bowl doesn't last nearly as long as my hemi, but it's tiny so that's to be expected.

Overall: 7.5/10 - I'm really impressed by how well this thing smokes for a simple chamber pumpkin. The purge is bad, but if you manage your heat and pack your bowl right you can get some decent clouds for 35-50 minutes. I use it when I want a quick session alone. Definitely worth $25.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook