Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

KM v.s. Nour?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 27th, 2012, 05:59 AM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

Question KM v.s. Nour?

I hear people say all the time how KM's are the best, what are your opinions on nours? they look a lot alike to me, KMs just seem to be the preferred one. but I was wondering if anyone has owned a Nour and a KM and would compare them side by side for me pros and cons for both. Because, if a Nour is cheaper than a KM but still pretty great quality, and better than a Mya, I might get a Nour as my first hookah. thanks in advance
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:07 AM
AndrewD
Hookah Pro

Default Re: KM v.s. Nour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziechic123 View Post
I hear people say all the time how KM's are the best, what are your opinions on nours? they look a lot alike to me, KMs just seem to be the preferred one. but I was wondering if anyone has owned a Nour and a KM and would compare them side by side for me pros and cons for both. Because, if a Nour is cheaper than a KM but still pretty great quality, and better than a Mya, I might get a Nour as my first hookah. thanks in advance
To be honest any full sized hookah will relatively smoke the same. KM will last your entire lifetime and your children's too if you take care of it, though. Upgrade from a Mya, go for a Nour if you want, I just find KMs more aesthetically pleasing with a larger, and more predominant fan-base.

If it's your first hookah I would still recommend a portable Mya though. Both to practice on, and to party with. That way in months, or years time when you decide to get a full-sized it can be your solo hookah, that you know you can handle and take care of.
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Springfield03
Hookah Enthusiast

As for the actual quality of smoking, I do not hear much difference between a KM and A Nour. The difference is aesthetics, but to a huge degree. Paint on Nours scrapes off veryyy easy, and the people that have them love how they smoke. I would recommend getting a KM and doing everything right the first time, that way the extra money you woul be spending on a Nour/Mya the first time can be directed to coals or tobacco.
"Cigarettes are for nervous people, competitive people, people on the run. When you smoke a narghile, you have time to think. It teaches you patience and tolerance, and gives you an appreciation of good company. Narghile smokers have a much more balanced approach to life than cigarette smokers."
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:36 AM
BWV1008
Hookah Pro

Not to make the decision harder, but if you're considering KM's vs Nour Egyptians, you might want to consider Magdy Zidan hookahs as well. I can't imagine any of them smoke much different. I'm not sure about the Nour Egyptian hookahs, but the KM's and MZ's all have a wide-open draw which I hate, but that's a personal preference. The bases on all of them are average at best, so finding your favorite stem is most important. I don't know if Nour base paint comes off easier, but my KM base paint definitely won't last forever. It also seems like a 5-year-old did the welding and there are certain spots on the hookah that water can pool in. It's still a good hookah--no air leaks and I don't have to worry about it rusting or falling apart. The same can probably be said about the Nours and MZ's though. Are KM's the best? No, not by a long shot. Regardless, any of these three brands will make a dependable Egyptian hookah. I would just go with what you think looks best. And don't count out Mya hookahs. I use my Mya Petite way more often than I use my KM. I just have to be more diligent about washing and drying it, but it's so quick and easy that I don't mind at all.
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

I was originally gonna get a Mya, but if I'm just gonna end up getting a KM in the future I might as well go ahead and save up for that like springfield said "doing it right the first time" I like wide open draw, I'm probably not gonna be taking my hookah anywhere its gonna be my baby and stay on my kitchen table always (so as to try to make burning things a minimum lol) and I want something that I know won't rust ever. And if I'm spending that much on a hookah, hell yeah I'm gonna take good care of it lolz
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:42 PM
tukke
Hookah Newbie

nour's are syrian
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Springfield03
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
I was originally gonna get a Mya, but if I'm just gonna end up getting a KM in the future I might as well go ahead and save up for that like springfield said "doing it right the first time" I like wide open draw, I'm probably not gonna be taking my hookah anywhere its gonna be my baby and stay on my kitchen table always (so as to try to make burning things a minimum lol) and I want something that I know won't rust ever. And if I'm spending that much on a hookah, hell yeah I'm gonna take good care of it lolz
That's how I approached it. My first hookah was a KM tri-metal triple heart, and I always felt that it was more important to get a quality pipe the first time around so your total money can be put towards coals and tobacco, and perfecting heat management/packing techniques.
"Cigarettes are for nervous people, competitive people, people on the run. When you smoke a narghile, you have time to think. It teaches you patience and tolerance, and gives you an appreciation of good company. Narghile smokers have a much more balanced approach to life than cigarette smokers."
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:22 PM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfield03 View Post
That's how I approached it. My first hookah was a KM tri-metal triple heart, and I always felt that it was more important to get a quality pipe the first time around so your total money can be put towards coals and tobacco, and perfecting heat management/packing techniques.
thats exactly the way I'm looking at it, but I was just wondering if the quality of nour was as good as KM, but I may get a KM anyways just because they are more preferred and seem to be of the highest quality hookahs out there. Plus, they can purge better than any small mya rigs lolz
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
pluckytom
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
thats exactly the way I'm looking at it, but I was just wondering if the quality of nour was as good as KM, but I may get a KM anyways just because they are more preferred and seem to be of the highest quality hookahs out there. Plus, they can purge better than any small mya rigs lolz
The Nour egy are not the same quality as a KM. I have a NOUR so i could take it to parties and i prefer my KM way more. I would just go get a KM so you don't have to get another rig later.
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

agreed there
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:02 PM
BWV1008
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukke View Post
nour's are syrian
If what I heard was true, Nour is an importing company, not a manufacturer. They import Syrian hookahs as well, but if Lizzie is referring to the Nours on hookahstore.com, those are all Egyptian.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Colbz13
Banned

Do it right or do it twice.
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Alby
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbz13 View Post
Do it right or do it twice.
Which is why you should get a Syrian.
Old November 27th, 2012, 06:17 PM
pluckytom
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillHookah View Post
Which is why you should get a Syrian.
that is my next purchase. Any model you suggest at looking at?
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:29 PM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

I will probably just get a KM when they are on sale or email for a 30% off discount from ultimate hookah. But any other recommendations or knowledge of KM vs Nour would be greatly appreciated
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM
BWV1008
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I will probably just get a KM when they are on sale or email for a 30% off discount from ultimate hookah. But any other recommendations or knowledge of KM vs Nour would be greatly appreciated
KM's are always on sale somewhere. What's your budget by the way? And did any particular KM catch your eye?
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Alby
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckytom View Post
that is my next purchase. Any model you suggest at looking at?
I have a no-name I picked up as a stem from a certain badass I replied to earlier in this thread. Wattagreatguy.
Anyway, Al-Nawras and AF Solids are top notch, technically the same for the most part. Made by the same people anyway.
Syrian Nours are great, as well. But IMO the real gems are the no-names because those have a nice backstory.
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Colbz13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillHookah View Post

I have a no-name I picked up as a stem from a certain badass I replied to earlier in this thread. Wattagreatguy.
Anyway, Al-Nawras and AF Solids are top notch, technically the same for the most part. Made by the same people anyway.
Syrian Nours are great, as well. But IMO the real gems are the no-names because those have a nice backstory.
From one badass to another:

Some of those no names go for a lot more than even the vintage al nawras! I love going through the trades section from wayyyy back and looking at all the gorgeous stuff people had. The sad thing about that is how cheap people were selling AF solids for about a year and a half ago right before they became hard to get.... Drool and envy
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:35 PM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

well right now sadly I don't even have a budget lolz but I'm getting EVERYTHING planned out, from what I'm gonna smoke, how often I'm gonna smoke, where I'm gonna smoke, what coals hookah and other accessories I want or need to make my first huge order for my starter pack and be done with it. Probably around 200 dollars before shipping lolz
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Alby
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbz13 View Post
From one badass to another:

Some of those no names go for a lot more than even the vintage al nawras! I love going through the trades section from wayyyy back and looking at all the gorgeous stuff people had. The sad thing about that is how cheap people were selling AF solids for about a year and a half ago right before they became hard to get.... Drool and envy
And they were actually unique! If I could I would dish out whatever to get my hands on a solid brass no name Syrian. That would be such a great conversation piece. I love mine, but there is always room for one more.
OH, and Lizzie, totally remembered. If you decide on a km, I'm trying to get rid of one. Shameless plug for my fs thread.
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:44 AM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

i would love ro get it from you but I'm broke right now
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:09 AM
redwing91007
Hookah Master

I too will plug my km selling abilities. When you have some money hit me up.

Regal Melech -> Nogoom Hose -> Nakhla, Tangiers -> Sukka Swells Phunells -> CocoNara
Old November 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

thanks guys, well you guys might think I'm weird for this but I don't want a super tall KM cuz I'm gonna be keeping it on our kitchen table and I'm a shortie. Don't wanna have to use a ladder to tend coals lolz so how tall is your KM you wanna sell me? I don't want you to hold off on selling your hookahs just because of me, even though that is freaking AwEsOmE of you guys :3
Old November 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Alby
Hookah Master

Quote:
thanks guys, well you guys might think I'm weird for this but I don't want a super tall KM cuz I'm gonna be keeping it on our kitchen table and I'm a shortie. Don't wanna have to use a ladder to tend coals lolz so how tall is your KM you wanna sell me? I don't want you to hold off on selling your hookahs just because of me, even though that is freaking AwEsOmE of you guys :3
Take me off the list, the fact it's so freaking big is the reason I'm selling mine.
Old November 29th, 2012, 12:44 AM
lizziechic123
Hookah Nut

aw, well thanks anyways, that was sweet of you to offer anyways
Share with your friends on facebook