Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Mya Bambino

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 15th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

Default Mya Bambino

I am new to hookah smoking and i was looking to buy a mya Bambino. I heard great things about it and was wondering if it was good for a first one. I know its only 11" and was wondering if that was ok or if i should get a bigger one. I just want to know the ins and outs to see if its good enough or not. Also are the hoses washable like the ones that it comes with. I am curious to also know if what it comes with will work since i do not know about all the parts you can buy for it. sorry for being such a noob.
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Mya Bambino

the bambino is an amazing hookah. it hits just as well as big hookahs and it's super portable. it's really easy to maintain. as for the hose, it is not washable. i would recommend getting a nammor washable hose to go along with it. i personally have a bambino and a nammor that i use together and i always have amazing sessions.

another recommendation that i'll make is upgrading to a better bowl. i would recommend getting a vortex bowl. you can also look into getting a crown classic v2.0 bowl or a crown micro funnel v2.0 bowl from crownhookahs.com. those two bowls are the best bowls that i have ever used however they are a little pricey so it's your call. but at least get a vortex because you're sessions will be a lot better.

hope this helps!
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

i heard the bowl that it comes with will make the session last from 30 to 45 min. will a different bowl make it last longer or what. One website i looked at had it for sale for 49 dollars plus a free washable hose. is that a good deal
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:57 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

the bowl that it comes with is pretty small so it will only hold so much shisha. the vortex bowl is bigger so you can pack more shisha in it, hence a longer session. also depending on the type of shisha that you're smoking, the vortex might be a better bowl. i personally like the wetter and juicy shishas so the vorex is good for holding in the juices and not letting it drip down the bowl and into the stem of the hookah. the bowl that the bambino comes with has the holes on the bottom of the bowl so the wetter shishas will drip down your stem if you use that bowl.

i bought mine from hookah-shisha along with a nammor hose. the washable hose that you're getting for free is probably not going to be of the same quality as a nammor. it is probably more of a disposable hose that you can wash and reuse if you want.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:01 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

the nammor hose is like $22 by the way. if you are looking for a cheap alternative, then get a nuhose or fancy hose. that hose is $4 and is washable, however it's just simply a plastic hose. the flow is really good on it tho, so it will serve the same purpose as the nammor. nammor definitely looks a lot better though.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

So do you typically not want a bowl with wholes in it? i have seen some with and some without. also is there anything in particular that i need to buy with this hookah or any tips on how to clean it as i have never cleaned one.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:12 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

well all bowls are gonna have some type of hole in it or else you would get no airflow. the placement of the holes is what differs in the bowls. the vortex has a spire in the middle of the bowl with holes on it so when you put the tobacco in, it's not sitting on top of the holes like the bowl that comes with the bambino.

there's nothing else that you NEED to buy. the hookah will work fine, but there are optional things that you can buy to enhance the smoking experience. such as a new bowl, a new hose, and a windcover to manage the heat properly.

for cleaning, i clean out all the parts with water after every use. and then once every month i'll do a deep clean with baking soda, lemon juice, and vinegar. i think it's important to clean out the hookah after every use to prevent ghosting of flavors and it's just good hygiene.

and i'd recommend getting natural coals too. get coconara coals.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

thanks man i will deff look into all that. If you think of anything else just let me know. The tips are much appreciated. Also the website i was looking at was southernsmoke.com. thats where i found the mya with the deals
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:25 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

no prob man. i've never ordered from southsmoke.com but from the looks of the description about the bambino, it says it comes with a washable hose, but if it's the same hose that came with my bambino (which is suspect it is) then that hose is not washable. i would recommend ordering from hookah-shisha which is where i got mine. they take good care of you and throw in some freebies. especially if you're gonna get the nammor hose because they are the maker of the nammor hose and have it in a bunch of colors. so you can get everything from one place and pay one shipping charge.

and 5starhookah.com has the best price on the bambino that i have seen online. they have it for $46 and they throw in some freebies too. and if you don't wanna dish out the $22 on the nammor hose, then you can pick up a nuhose/fancy hose for $4 from them as well.

just so you know, hookah-shisha.com and 5starhookah.com are my 2 preferred vendors. actually i make all my orders with them because their prices are great and they have the best selection on hookah stuff. check them out and good luck with everything.
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

ok so i looked at hookah shisha and i am thinking about buying from there. They have a lot of freebies which even include a 55 dollar hookah or a free washable hose. As of right now i am going to buy the bambino, the nammor hose, the vortex bowl, and maybe some new flavors besides the ones it comes with. a few questions, what charcoal should i pick that it comes with. Also is there a certain type to buy or that is preferred. Also on this site i heard that someone people said you had to buy bigger grommets for the nammor hose in that the mya hose that it comes with is a lot smaller in the connection part. if so what should i buy or are they all the same. thank you so much again
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

there are also three type of namor hoses. what one should i buy
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evilcon666
Hookah Master

I think it's mostly down to clear and non clear right? Either way they all smoke the same. I've got a regular blue one. The clear ones you can see the smoke come through so it's kind of cool like that.
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

there is some nammor chrome one now. that is the one that i was the most confused about
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
jonwryan
Hookah Nut

The chrome's look alright, but from what I remember somebody complained about something rusting on it (perhaps the chrome balls on the mouthpiece?) Either way, I would suggest staying away from those. Aside from that, Nammor hoses are definitely the way to go.
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

should i buy the bambino or one of the other small ones or ones around that price
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:00 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

instead of the free hookah or the free washable hose, you can get 15% off with the discount code "hookahpro25". just so you know. for any hookah in that price range, the bambino will be your best bet. it's easily the best small hookah on the market in my opinion. i don't think you'll be disappointed with the bambino at all.

as for the flavors, i would recommend getting some other stuff because i don't really like the two brands that they give for free, but hey it's free shisha lol. if you're a new hookah smoker, i would recommend social smoke. they have great flavors and it's a really mellow smoke. not much of a buzz either.

definitely get the coconara coals that it comes with for free. although the coconara coals will take substantially longer to light than the quick light coals, it's definitely worth it because coconaras are odorless, produce very little ash, and last twice as long as quick lights. and definitely pick up another box of coals when you order because you'll run out of the free ones pretty quick (only 16 pieces).

as far as grommets go. if you're getting the nammor hose, buy a mod hose grommet because it will provide a nice tight seal. and if you're getting the vortex bowl, buy a mod bowl grommet because the regular mya grommet is too small.

i would recommend getting the regular nammor hose (not the clear and not the chrome). get a hose color that will match the color of your bambino to make it look nicer, at least that's what i did lol.

Last edited by cishack; August 16th, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

this man here is full of knowledge. thank you man i will deffinately do that
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

seeing as how i am going to buy my stuff from hookah-shisha, do i just buy the grommets they have on their site or is there a brand that i need to buy in particular
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

or the other question is. the grommets on the website such as the mya the egyptian and the mod. what is the difference between them. like shouldnt you buy a mya grommet for a mya or what
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:55 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

the grommets on hookah-shisha will work just fine. those are the ones that i bought and they work like a charm.

and the mya grommets on the site are the same exact grommets that come with the bambino, so it's kinda pointless to buy more mya grommets unless you ripped it or something or need a spare. the mod grommets are technically not for a mya hookah, but you need them if you're gonna be using a nammor hose and a vortex bowl. they fit perfectly on the bambino anyway, so it won't be awkward looking or anything
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

i gotcha. i didnt know if the grommets had something to them different. i mean i didnt wanna spend all the money and buy the nammor hose and not be able to connect it when i get my new hookah. or buy mya grommets and be like oh well i got two now.
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:58 PM
cishack
Hookah Nut

yeh i know exactly what you mean. i wanted to make sure i had everything in my cart as well before i made the purchase. plus paying one shipping charge is always ideal lol.
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:32 PM
UKx
Hookah Nut

get a tangiers phunnel/vortex to replace the stock mya bowl.. the mya bowls horrible.
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Bradb4178
Hookah Nut

i did. i got a vortex bowl and a nammor hose
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook