Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shooting Star-Al Ayls Jurak

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Default Re: Shooting Star-Al Ayls Jurak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
If you do happen to get ahold of some Khansar I will pay dearly.
can't sell tobacco here anymore

Old August 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
can't sell tobacco here anymore
I am well aware of that. Doesn't mean I can't trade dearly! LOL payment is payment
Old August 14th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Melvin
Hookah Master

Hajo dont forget me! I would pay thru the nose
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
Hajo dont forget me! I would pay thru the nose

Lol who would want money that went through Melvim's nose

Hajo old friend good to hear that you have not lost the knack of getting into wierd situations and getting out with treasured tobacco you my friend is the Chief Inspector Clouseau of the Hookah world.
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I am well aware of that. Doesn't mean I can't trade dearly! LOL payment is payment

I agree with this, lol.

Old August 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Off hand I don't see much happening with trades since I've got plenty of all of the common brands and if I would trade it could only be for a tiny bit with one or two people since the cost of the good stuff is pretty steep unless you get a goodly amount and even that is a challenge. I have a couple of good opportunities to get some great stuff out to interested HPers recently but given the ban on sales it's irrelevant.
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
thendrix65804
Hookah Nut

As everyone else has stated you are a very kind individual. I am really curious about how these moasells and juraks are made. Do you know even approximately how they get these flavors? I am amazed as i smoked some pulevski sweet lula last night and the difference in that and say salloum plain is vast. How do they do it.....is it wizardry? Is it hookah science? Is it Satan? The world may never know.......
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:12 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Off hand I don't see much happening with trades since I've got plenty of all of the common brands and if I would trade it could only be for a tiny bit with one or two people since the cost of the good stuff is pretty steep unless you get a goodly amount and even that is a challenge. I have a couple of good opportunities to get some great stuff out to interested HPers recently but given the ban on sales it's irrelevant.
I could trade you this green paper I have with drawings of presidents and such on it...

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Melvin
Hookah Master

I would be willing to trade my bug collection and a frog.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:22 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

no one said this transaction had to take place on HP

Old August 16th, 2011, 11:59 AM
bbashonfire
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to bbashonfire

Iv'e got two fatted calves and a goat that i'm willing to trade. No, but seriously I would love to try any real traditional moassel/jurak that i could get my hands on. The sweet aroma and taste of finely crafted tobacco coupled with the silky smoke that feels like velvet in the mouth, that's what dreams are made of.
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Scootertaj
Hookah Guru

... This is why exceptions should be made to the rule
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Hajo -

It's good to hear you're getting a little down-time, and you shouldn't short yourself on the good-feelings you deserve having helped lessen the financial blow to those families. That was a class act my friend.

I would also be very interested in hearing more about the new SS Jurak as I've just finished off the last bit of Ar Rass and don't see myself coming into any high-end moassel in a while.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Photolinger I almost posted the same thing haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootertaj View Post
... This is why exceptions should be made to the rule
Hajo totally deserves an exemption considering he's lost money a few times while providing the service of sharing world class tobacco.
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
Hajo totally deserves an exemption considering he's lost money a few times while providing the service of sharing world class tobacco.
Seriously. I just read through the "change of trade rules" thread and if there's gonna be one exception it should be Hajo, the man's gone beyond simply trying to offload something or sell it for profit he's actively expanding the horizons of western hookah smokers in a tangible way, at his own financial loss! Limiting those kinds of trades is truly doing a disservice to the spirit of Hookahpro.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Heya Dunk,

I wish I could say that helped people out of simple generosity but unfortunately I was motivated by a desire to help end a bout of depression so I suppose I did good things for the wrong reason. Well, perhaps I'll figure out how to be virtuous some time in the future.
Hajo- The fact that an act of altruism makes you feel better is, to me at least, a strong indicator that your moral compass is exactly where it should be.

There's a lot of things that the money could have done that may have helped said depression... Vacation, a new car, vintage records, whatever... The point is, most people I know look to acquire new things for themselves when they're feeling down. The fact that you chose to help others shows a strong moral character, regardless of the personal motivation.

Perhaps what I'm trying to say is: The fact that helping others makes you feel better as a person is morally praiseworthy.

Quote:
but then what else is money really good for but to do right by others if only in a small way?
If more people followed this train of thought, the world would be in a much better place.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:15 AM
blackleaf28
Hookah Guru

Hajo: you don't expect me to believe that you don't know you did a good thing, and don't know that you're allowed to feel good for doing it, right? you're smarter than that

really though, that was a great thing you did; Glad we got people like you out there helping a brother out.

and to HP, if there was ever a time to make an exception to the rule, Im sure you'd understand that Hajo is the one to make an exception for.

That said; I know that the whole 'if we let one person do it we'd have to let everyone do it otherwise it isn't fair' can present itself as a bit of a subjective quandary, so i can see why you might choose not to budge
32" KM Trimetal. ~ 34" Temsaah Triple Wheat ~ 36" Temsaah Dual Sphere ~ Nammor Hose ~ KM leather wrapped hose ~ Tangiers Phunnel ~ Egyptian Clay Bowl ~ Crown Classic ~ Black Leaf ~ Zag ~ Khan ~ DA ~ Desi Murli
Old August 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM
GMofOLC
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwheeler28 View Post
I know that the whole 'if we let one person do it we'd have to let everyone do it otherwise it isn't fair'
Hajo isn't a person. He's a god among men.
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Melvin
Hookah Master

In all fairness to hajo. Remember folks with the last batch of Tobacco he procured for us, not that many people took him up on it. I think at least on the financial end he pretty much took a bath on that deal. I do remember him saying also that, this being the case he probably would not offer anymore high end tobacco for sale. I can understand that also. So lets take the pressure off Hajo and just say, "welcome friend, we glad to see you here". I think he needs to know he is welcome and appreciated here not just for the tobacco that has been provided. JMO
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Darkly
Hookah Nut

Quote:
In all fairness to hajo. Remember folks with the last batch of Tobacco he procured for us, not that many people took him up on it. I think at least on the financial end he pretty much took a bath on that deal. I do remember him saying also that, this being the case he probably would not offer anymore high end tobacco for sale. I can understand that also. So lets take the pressure off Hajo and just say, "welcome friend, we glad to see you here". I think he needs to know he is welcome and appreciated here not just for the tobacco that has been provided. JMO
+1 This.... In my days of being a hookah noob, it was Hajo's Posts of his adventures and his descriptions that made me crave the finer things in tobacco then the candy stuff... Also, reading some of his posts and others responses, was a factor in my deciding to join HP over other sites. I do SORELY wish that I had money, when the opportunities were made to get into some truly traditional tobaccos, but alas, I live paycheck to paycheck like many others here.. All that said...
Hajo, Keep up the awesome posts cause thats whats really important to people like me...

KM 1001 nights chiller, Chinese twister rig, and the mighty homemade bazooka hookah...Maker of homemade hand-sculpted hookah bowls...Blackleafs, traditionals, Nakhla, Tangiers Noir...mmm mmm good!
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:48 PM
tomknotts
Hookah Pro

Your generosity is something you dont really see now adays

Yes i could trade you bungle for some Hajo.... just saying
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:04 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Hajo knows I one day aspire to be him(or maybe he doesnt know), and if we had a surplus of fantastic blacks, I would LOVE to get my greedy little hands on it.

That said, if i recall correctly, there was a reason Hajo decided to send the rest of the lula pulveski to the charity. I believe he also said something for future opportunities. The only reason Im beating around the bush i guess, is because the reason may make Hajo seem like a greedy guy or whatnot, and whoever thinks that is as wrong as it gets.

that said,

it IS indeed HP's rules to no longer sell tobacco. And its probably isnt an honorable deed to go against. Take it for what you will.

For the record I have always enjoyed tasting, fathoming about, and reading about the world of black tobacco's haha.

Cheers
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
extremelyterrific
Hookah Pro

I've heard that there's no such thing as true altruism before, and I can see the logic in that argument. That being said and disregarding your motivations, that was a truly good act on your part and I'm sure the families affected appreciate the gesture fully! Reading something like that is really inspirational.

As far as the moassel goes, I'm interested to see how this situation unfolds for you. From what I've read here, I certainly want to try it
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:55 AM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Quote:
i guess it was already out there haha. I was simply giving Hajo a easy way out if he wanted lol.

If Hajo can procure us some awesome moassels, and juraks im sure he will/would. He knows its a treat we all appreciate but i cant imagine how hard that is to make happen.

Point is, itll happen if the time is right
Old August 18th, 2011, 07:51 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
I'd hope he knows that, it's definitely true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakandikid View Post
I've heard that there's no such thing as true altruism before, and I can see the logic in that argument. That being said and disregarding your motivations, that was a truly good act on your part and I'm sure the families affected appreciate the gesture fully! Reading something like that is really inspirational.

As far as the moassel goes, I'm interested to see how this situation unfolds for you. From what I've read here, I certainly want to try it
There's true altruism in animals and humans who sacrifice themselves (literally, as in dying) for others.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook