Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

HERBAL SHISHA!!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
whfsboy
Hookah Pro

Default Re: HERBAL SHISHA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Smoke Company View Post
im just at the right place at the right time i guess
I am a fan of customer service, and ingredient disclosure

I am Wolfy, He who let the dogs out
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Sahara Smoke Company
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahara Smoke Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by whfsboy View Post
I am a fan of customer service, and ingredient disclosure
Well you are talking to the HookahFreak himself.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Springfield03
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Well you are talking to the HookahFreak himself.

I dislike herbal. It's not to my palate.

On a side note, May I ask out of sheer curiosity what you are fond of smoking? Not as a person from Sahara smoke, but you personally? It's nice to see a vendor active on HP partaking in the forums
"Cigarettes are for nervous people, competitive people, people on the run. When you smoke a narghile, you have time to think. It teaches you patience and tolerance, and gives you an appreciation of good company. Narghile smokers have a much more balanced approach to life than cigarette smokers."
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:26 AM
AlisterSuggsden
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz3r View Post
Sup guys! so i finally purchased my custom mya!!! but i wanted some fresh new smoke to go with it. my friend sloven turned me on to this herbal shisha.... its tobacco free with no nicotine or tar. I have read reviews about this stuff... some good others bad.

What are your opinions on this product?
Ill be posting a video review of my custom mya later today. if the shisha arrives on time i will be posting a video review of that also.

thanks for your opinions. and if you have any recommendations about what shisha you think is good (taste/clouds) wise let me know and i will try it. so far i mainly smoke starbuzz. but i need more variety
Given that real moassel, when properly heated, results in very low levels of nicotine and tar being absorbed into the smoker it's far from obvious what sort of risks we are being exposed to although it's obvious that it's far less then the surprisingly debatable risks of cigarette smoking.

It's worth mentioning that nicotine isn't carcinogenic and that it's demon status is actually, at best, far from proven. If you want you can troll around the forum and dig up the relevant links.

More to the point no evidence exists to indicate that smoking "herbals" (which by the way don't actually have herbs) is any safer then smoking real moassel. The dyes, glycerin, synthetics and sugars common to both represent a rather vaguely defined danger so i'd suggest treating the assumption that "herbals" are safe as less then sound.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:37 AM
AlisterSuggsden
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Thats why we use Tea its all natural and non harmful. I agree you never know what you are getting when people just stamp Herbal on something.
While it's true that you don't know what you are getting with alleged herbals the same can be said of pretty much all mass produced "lamestream" moassels as well as your "teasha". The reality is we don't know what sort of risks are carried by smoking a stew of unknown preservatives, dyes, flavoring compounds and glycerin. What can, sort of, be reasonably ascertained in a limited way is the risks of smoking of black (meaning unflavored traditional products free of glycerin, dyes and such) if the time is taken to read up on the matter.

Since you have no evidence that your tea based products are safer then anything else I would suggest that a bit of restraint in terms of health claims is called for.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Hilly
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisterSuggsden View Post

It's worth mentioning that nicotine isn't carcinogenic and that it's demon status is actually, at best, far from proven. If you want you can troll around the forum and dig up the relevant links.
Although it may not be a carcinogen nicotine can kill you if the quantity is big enough. Lol.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Ahmaag01
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
Although it may not be a carcinogen nicotine can kill you if the quantity is big enough. Lol.
That's an asinine statement...too much of anything can kill you...hey guys! Did you know that water is not carcinogenic but it can kill you if you drink too much of it...If you take in too much nocotine your body will let you know by making you feel ill well before you reach levels that could kill you...
Sorry hilly but had to put the slam on you for that comment

Last edited by Ahmaag01; March 23rd, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
joesmiley
Hookah Nut

Tobacco shisha is insanely expensive where I live so when I got into hookah I ordered in a big stash of herbals to try. So far I've had Al Fakher herbal peach, Soex melon, Hydro grape and Hydro Venom (cherry).

So far, they suck.

The AF peach was good the first time I had it, but on the second session I noticed a gross chemical after taste and I haven't been back.

The hydro grape was really bland, with weak clouds. Ditto the Soex melon.

Hydro cherry was the worst of all. The flavour was pretty weak, and the smoke was so harsh I quit 20 mins into the session and had a sore throat the entire next day. A friend of mine tried the Hydro "Dr. 23" (Dr. Pepper) flavour and had an identical result. It's possible we used too much heat, but with only light heating the smoke was so thin and the flavour so light that it wasn't worth bothering.

I still have a bunch of Hydro flavours and some Salaam herbal I haven't tried yet. Fingers crossed one of them is at least halfway smokeable...

Last edited by joesmiley; March 23rd, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
maz3r
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilcon666 View Post
Damn. That's deep man. Did you get that of a box of cereal?
lmao!
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Sahara Smoke Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springfield03 View Post

I dislike herbal. It's not to my palate.

On a side note, May I ask out of sheer curiosity what you are fond of smoking? Not as a person from Sahara smoke, but you personally? It's nice to see a vendor active on HP partaking in the forums
Im oldschool when it comes to my hookah flavors Im a Rose Mint guy or a Zag smoker.

I dont have a favorite brand I like to just go in the back of the warehouse and randomly pick something. I'll be doing Shisha reviews my way soon on youtube.

Im a 2 pack a day Newport smoker, and just got some Dokah that im dying to try out soon.

We joke around here in georgia saying that Tabacco was my first veggie and that the tar on my lungs is older than most people. lol

feel free to talk to may any time about different blends and products im always down to smoke some new stuff. I enjoy every part of my job and hobby.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Sahara Smoke Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisterSuggsden View Post
While it's true that you don't know what you are getting with alleged herbals the same can be said of pretty much all mass produced "lamestream" moassels as well as your "teasha". The reality is we don't know what sort of risks are carried by smoking a stew of unknown preservatives, dyes, flavoring compounds and glycerin. What can, sort of, be reasonably ascertained in a limited way is the risks of smoking of black (meaning unflavored traditional products free of glycerin, dyes and such) if the time is taken to read up on the matter.

Since you have no evidence that your tea based products are safer then anything else I would suggest that a bit of restraint in terms of health claims is called for.
I see where you are coming from, and what I was simply saying was atleast with our product you know what you are getting not just a sticker saying herbal. People have beeing smoking tea leaves for a long time. Some companies slap herbal on something then fill it with sawdust or newspaper. No us you get what it says. Thats all I meant. I get that you dont want to be mainstream thats fine by me but just think about this for a second. If all the cool kids are doing it then doesnt that make it Mainstream?
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hilly
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmaag01 View Post

That's an asinine statement...too much of anything can kill you...hey guys! Did you know that water is not carcinogenic but it can kill you if you drink too much of it...If you take in too much nocotine your body will let you know by making you feel ill well before you reach levels that could kill you...
Sorry hilly but had to put the slam on you for that comment
Poor example. Nicotine is more toxic than water. Use a better example when you try to "slam" someone.
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Ahmaag01
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Poor example. Nicotine is more toxic than water. Use a better example when you try to "slam" someone.
I used a stupid example because I thought it fitting to your uneducated comment...
Old March 25th, 2013, 08:24 PM
hookahhooked
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I used a stupid example because I thought it fitting to your uneducated comment...
that was funny. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. << see, that proves it.
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Hilly
Hookah Master

Quote:

Sorry that I can't recall the lethal point of nicotine on a whim. My comment is still valid and you sir need to get off your fucking high horse.
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Ahmaag01
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Sorry that I can't recall the lethal point of nicotine on a whim. My comment is still valid and you sir need to get off your fucking high horse.
If you don't know...why make the comment? And by sitting there and stating that your comment still holds validity only further expresses your ignorance. So I say to you.... Good Day sir
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Hilly
Hookah Master

Quote:

If you don't know...why make the comment? And by sitting there and stating that your comment still holds validity only further expresses your ignorance. So I say to you.... Good Day sir
Because its true. If you majored in chemistry you should know. Or did you sleep through some stuff?
Old March 25th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Ahmaag01
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Because its true. If you majored in chemistry you should know. Or did you sleep through some stuff?
I already explained to you that although your statement was true it is it made no sense. I don't have time for people who are LD or just don't listen...
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:15 AM
IMCarnochan
Romeo

Quote:
I already explained to you that although your statement was true it is it made no sense. I don't have time for people who are LD or just don't listen...
Did you just call him Leonardo DiCaprio? I see the resemblance, they are both dreamy.

- MustangII on IMC
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Alby
Hookah Master

Y'all needs to chills. Like fo real.
The short answer is you're both wrong and right. The long answer is you're both wrong and right.
But hilly has got it out for me so I'll take advantage of this situation to ask him if he really is Leonardo DiCaprio because I wanna tell everyone Leo D. hates me.
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Hilly
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
Y'all needs to chills. Like fo real.
The short answer is you're both wrong and right. The long answer is you're both wrong and right.
But hilly has got it out for me so I'll take advantage of this situation to ask him if he really is Leonardo DiCaprio because I wanna tell everyone Leo D. hates me.
We're going to have to go to a dream within a dream for you to have your answer.
Old March 26th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Ahmaag01
Hookah Nut

I'm not on here to make enemies...Hilly has kinda trolled some of my posts in the past so I jumped on him for no reason. I've seen much dumber posts on here beyond what Hilly said and I trolled him just to be an ass.
So I'll be the first to say...Sorry Hilly.
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM
IMCarnochan
Romeo

Quote:
So I'll be the first to say...Sorry Hilly.
Thats Mr DiCaprio to you!

- MustangII on IMC
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:25 PM
DocShay
Hookah Newbie

Theres a lot of hate for herbal here, heh.

Anyway, I mostly smoke SB, but also smoke Nak too. As far as Herbal goes, i've tried 2 brands.

Hookah-Hookah Evolution Tea Shisha (Pineapple) - Hated it. Hardly any taste, next to nothing for smoke either. Texture was that of wet tea leafs.

Tried 3 flavores of Hydro Herbal - While still lacking VS tob shisha, it was miles better then the previous mentioned brand. I tried Java, Kali Drizzle (Blue Berryish) and Dr 23 (Dr Pepper)). Kali Drizzle was my favorite. All 3 flavors have GREAT amounts of smoke (Almost on par with StarBuzz), and the flavors were actually enjoyable.

While its night and day difference between smoking Herbal and smoking Tobacco - The Hydro Herbal wasnt too bad. There is no Buzz (But granted I smoke cigarettes, so even Nak doesnt give me a buzz - All it does it "tie me over" from smoking cigarettes for a few hours), and the smoke is...different. It feels unfurfilling (Lack of nicotine) and doesn't have that "fullness" feeling that tobacco smoke has - It is a very very very air-like feeling. Flavorful air.

I bought my Herbal for intentions of helping me quit smoking cigarettes, so until im cigarette free I could smoke herbal hookah without overloading my system with nicotine. I still plan to do this eventually, and once i'm done with cigarettes TRY smoking washed tobacco, then full shisha when I feel comfortable.

It's also nice to have around if you have friends who want to try, but do not want tobacco. As much as i'd love to say tobacco shisha is nice and safe - don't fool yourself. Maybe it's not as bad as cigarettes, but there really hasn't been enough research done to really say just HOW bad it is for you.

Either way, Happy smoking!
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:20 PM
kikcer2
Hookah Nut

for me herbal has been hit or miss. ive tried hydro and the sweeter citus like flavor are great, the smoke is not as dense tho. while i had HH tea evolution Pumpkin pie and it was not that good at all thankfully i only had about 2 bowls worth of it.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook